A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Is w**king necessary?

Post 1

zendevil

--Or even desirable? Something that everybody does...or do they?

smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri.

Is w**king necessary?

Post 2

Z

Well until recently many people thought that women shouldn't w**k. However women pointed out that they had been w**king heavily in the home.

*sits back and waits for e mail from the moderators*

Is w**king necessary?

Post 3

zendevil

Precisely. It has been accepted practice since Biblical days. Perhaps women are by nature more adapted to w**king at home? In these days of computer technology though, the males seem to be joining in, does this mean we will become a nation of home based w**kers? What implications does this have for society?

Does the open-plan office have any impact on w**k patterns do you think?

*sits back with air of complete innocence*

Is w**king necessary?

Post 4

Z

Women have for centuries insisted that men should sit back and assume a passive role in the home, if a man had to complete housew**k then his wife would have seen herself as a failure. Women were until recently realativly ignorate of the prevelence of male w**king in the home.

Is w**king necessary?

Post 5

Diddy!

I had to read this thread properly cus i thought the word w**k you meant as something else!

Diddy!

Is w**king necessary?

Post 6

zendevil

ER....I have absolutely no idea what the word could possibly be confused with.

We are of course, discussing the Protestant w**k ethic. Deferred gratification & all that. Where do you stand on this issue?

Is w**king necessary?

Post 7

egon

personally, I w**k very hard all week long, and considered by many to be a w**ker extraordinaire.

Is w**king necessary?

Post 8

zendevil

Jolly good! Do you consider yourself to be a pillar of society?

(How nice to see members of the upper echelons coming out of the closet on this issue.)

zdt

Is w**king necessary?

Post 9

egon

I do. Society needs upstanding members, and w**king is essential to mintain this. Upstanding members are nourished by the very act of w**king and fewer would certainly exist were w**king less widespread.

Is w**king necessary?

Post 10

zendevil

The créme de la créme of society in fact; so we are agreed that w**king is in fact a normal, nay, intrinsic part of human nature?

In fact, perhaps even "lesser" species than humans find it serves some role;

w**ker bees, w**ker ants....do they keep office hours or just w**k whenever the fancy takes them?

zdt

Is w**king necessary?

Post 11

tanzen

I don't know if w**king is entirely necessary, but I know I'd probably get very bored if I didn't w**k...and I can get a little edgy if I don't w**k on a fairly regular basis...

...sometimes I w**k a little too quickly, and again, have issues of boredom to address...most of the time I'll wander around helping other people w**k...or ask anyone if they need assistance w**king...

I've been w**king for so long now that it feels like I can do it without even thinking about it...every now and again I'll get midway through some particular w**k before I even realise I'm doing it...but I suppose w**king is one of those things where...if you do it often enough...it gets easier to do, in fact I seem to have quite a talent for w**king these days....

Is w**king necessary?

Post 12

Sierra Indigo - now Cheesecakethulhu flavoured

Is w**king necessary?

Why yes, yes it is. If I didn't w**k, I wouldn't eat. Hell, I've just had to change where I w**k in order to avoid having to choose whether I pay bills of buy food each week.

W**king is a necessary evil.

Is w**king necessary?

Post 13

The Groob

Anne Robinson w**ks too much if you ask me.

Is w**king necessary?

Post 14

How many hours does she w**k each week? 38's about right. 40's okay. Anything more than 40 hours of w**king each week is a bit much, though.

Is w**king necessary?

Post 15

Teuchter

The secret's in getting the ratio of w**k:leisure right and I'm very lucky to have an element of choice about how I achieve this.smiley - cool

If I w**k too much I get overtired and frustrated by the lack of time to do the things I enjoy. Ironically, these are also w**k of a different kind - needlew**k and gardening. I will happily spend all day in the garden, performing physically hard w**k, but feel that I've indulged myself by doing something I love.

If I don't w**k enough I turn into 'Mrs smiley - steam', phoning the council about all sorts of boring things and generally getting in a strop about trivialities.

Today, I'm a happy Teuchter - having a day off w**king but spending most of it in my garden. I've had to come inside to cool down because it's extremely hot.smiley

Is w**king necessary?

Post 16

badger party tony party green party

I think we should join the Euro and I think the Spanish have a good System with the siesta giving them a nice w**k break in the middle of the day.

However I think we should fight the introduction EU w**king hours regulations which would restrict my w**king time to no more than 48 hours a week. My job means I get to do satisfying w**k with all sorts of people (and even though my girlfreind says I w**k too hard) there is nothing I like more than seeing the whole community w**king together.

Is w**king necessary?

Post 17

Professor SmokeTooMuch

Beware of contract w**kers. I got some in two months to do some quick w**k for me and there still here w**king on job.

Is w**king necessary?

Post 18

Contract w**kers just don't take enough pride in their w**k, that's the problem. You need a professional, who's dedicated...

Is w**king necessary?

Post 19

badger party tony party green party

Its tough, somtimes you need fresh ideas and a new approach w**k that temps can bring even though someone whos been in the same w**k for 30 years man and boy is more reliable. You have to beware of staff who w**k too much keep their w**k varied and make sure they take breaks as RSI compensation suits are on the increase. Im sure we can all think of someone who has got eye strain from staring at a screen w**king too much.

Sometimes when my w**king practices have hit a stumbling block I look in a magazine for new ideas that I can use to make my w**k better.

Is w**king necessary?

Post 20

Z

It is generally accepted that w**king has many benfits to ones physical and mental health,

Key: Complain about this post