A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 17521

You can call me TC

People who reply to a question in an interview with "That's a really interesting question". They are probably trying to gain a little time to formulate an answer. I just find it annoying.

I suppose it's better than going off at a tangent and not answering the question at all, though.

Petty Hates

Post 17522

Cheerful Dragon

Two Petty Hates today. One is my total lack of will power. It affects my life in a variety of ways - not eating healthily, not trying to exercise more, not putting down my Android devices to do something useful/productive... Next time I'm feeling bored, I'll have to force myself to do something useful.

The other PH is an additional that keeps appearing for a weight loss product that promises impossible results. The ad features women who are grotesquely obese and claims miraculous weight loss in a short time period. If those women lost that much weight that quickly, they'd need surgery to remove the excess skin. And the claims of backing from Dragon's Den and Shark Tank are bogus, too. I've reported the ad as misleading, so hopefully I won't see it any more. But I know it's still out there and there are people who are desperate enough to buy the product.

Petty Hates

Post 17523

Cheerful Dragon

Another Petty Hate - predictive text. The last post should have referred to an ad, not an additional. Yes, I know that I can turn off predictive text, but I find it useful on many occasions. I'll have to start using Preview more often.

Pet Peeves

Post 17524

agreeinglacombe

Nice topic

Petty Hates

Post 17525

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

The sun doesn't want to shine on my brand new solar panels. Come on...!

Removed

Post 17526

agreeinglacombe

This post has been removed.

Petty Hates

Post 17527

PH just now: advertising in threads.

Petty Hates

Post 17528

Baron Grim

Reported: Your Moderation Reference ID is: 40099

Petty Hates

Post 17529

Teasswill

PH: Alerts that my keyboard battery is 'very low, replace as soon as possible' - that was at least 2 months ago. At least I've been able to turn the alert off.
Keyboard still going strong.

Petty Hates

Post 17530

Bluebottle

That reminds me of our printer. Like many others. if you want to print out some black and white text it warns you that it can't print because it is out of cyan.smiley - huh I don't want to print in cyan, just black. Never had this trouble with my old dot matrix – you could print without any ink whatsoever and still just about read it too.

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 17531

Cheerful Dragon

My current PH is my browser suggesting switching to 'simplified view' for pretty much any website I visit. (I'm using Chrome on Android.) I don't know what simplified view is but I'm happy with the performance of the standard websites.

Removed

Post 17532

agreeinglacombe

This post has been removed.

Petty Hates

Post 17533

Cheerful Dragon

That deserves to be on the Useless Facts thread.

Petty Hates

Post 17534

Baron Grim

Yep. You just don't get topic related spam often enough these days.

smiley - laugh

BGsmiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 17535

Reality Manipulator

People say "end of" when they don't want a topic to be discussed.

Petty Hates

Post 17536

Teasswill

Given the nature of this thread, not the best place to be advertising anything - we're not that receptive...

Petty Hates

Post 17537

Reality Manipulator

My neighbours (I live in a maisonette flat) who keep the main entrance (communal/shared) door to the flats open for hours as well the entrance to the communal flats open 24 hours a day and if I close them, they then go and open them again.

Petty Hates

Post 17538

bobstafford

Then pay a tramp a few pounds to shelter there one night!

Petty Hates

Post 17539

Leave the door open and put a "Police line, do not cross." ribbon across.

Petty Hates

Post 17540

Teasswill

PH: people who phone on a mobile (especially with a really ropey signal or background noise) who are trying to arrange eg dates/times & then have to keep deferring to someone else to answer questions.

Key: Complain about this post