A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 16041

Icy North

What's Better Call Saul?

It sounds like one of the fifty ways to leave your lover.

Petty Hates

Post 16042

Swl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4jxjNsh7M

Petty Hates

Post 16043

Baron Grim

I can't remember which film it was, but I watched one on DVD followed by watching it with the director's commentary. The commentary made me go from feeling the film was OK to rather hating it. The film maker was an idiot. I may have mentioned this in my "Flix" journal... or maybe not. smiley - shrug

Petty Hates

Post 16044

quotes

>>What's Better Call Saul?

Icy, it's not what Swl linked to.
It's chronologically the prequel to Breaking Bad, although it is entirely its own show.

"It has garnered several nominations, including seven Primetime Emmy Awards, three Writers Guild of America Awards, two Critics' Choice Television Awards, a Screen Actors Guild Award and a Golden Globe Award. The series premiere held the record for the highest-rated scripted series premiere in basic cable history at the time of its airing."

Petty Hates

Post 16045

Pastey

Today's PH has been building a while...

People posting pictures full of "facts" about whether to stay in or leave the EU that are utter rubbish.
Especially annoying are the ones about how the country was before the EU, because, you know, the world itself hasn't changed a bit and leaving/staying will magically transport us back in time.

Petty Hates

Post 16046

Teasswill

PH: watching a quiz programme, realising it's a repeat & I've seen it before - but not being able to recall the correct answers.

Petty Hates

Post 16047

Smudger879n

Having your Internet and TV cut off by a plonker of a neighbour who cut through the cable, that supplies the whole block of four houses, with his new electric hedge trimmer!smiley - grr

They shouldn't sell complicated tools like to idiots! They are a danger to the community, let alone them selves?smiley - wah

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Petty Hates

Post 16048

Pastey

Today's PH: People.

Other people to be more accurate. I could get more precise, but it'd turn into a rant.

Suffice to say it's people who have a little bit of training and suddenly think they're an expert, and their "expert" views do damage to your reputation. And people who no matter what you discuss, go off and do their own thing.

Sometimes I consider selling up the big brew kit and moving back into the garage.

Petty Hates

Post 16049

Swl

Ah well, see, if you're going to set up in a garage you'll need the Throgmorton vessels - ignore what Trading Standards say, what do they know? I hope you'll be using the Cholmondsley hops?

Petty Hates

Post 16050

Baron Grim

You're problem sounds like a sign of success.

"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him." -Jonathan Swift

Petty Hates

Post 16051

Baron Grim

*Your smiley - doh

Petty Hates

Post 16052

Pastey

Follow up on the "expert", their "views" were over-ridden and my beers were put back on sale, and people have been drinking them and liking them.

Still seriously considering not selling to these people anymore after I fulfil my current obligations. They're more hassle than they're worth and my beer's never put on in the best of condition.

Petty Hates

Post 16053

You can call me TC

PH: the BBC site jumps to "bbc.com" when I enter "bbc.co.uk". Always.

Petty Hates

Post 16054

You can call me TC

PH: The fact that my post of yesterday's date is the newest item on "Ask".

Are we no longer curious?

Petty Hates

Post 16055

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

I'd like to know why everybody in Westeros keeps flying into a murderous rage over the Wildlings when they clearly have MUCH BIGGER PROBLEMS!

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 16056

Swl

Clearly the Wildlings are French, that would explain it.

Petty Hates

Post 16057

PH: I hate when people say "passed away" (or some other euphamism) instead of "died". Drives me nuts.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 16058

Bluebottle

Don't watch the Dead Parrot sketch, then.

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 16059

Oh, humorous euphamisms are fine though. smiley - smiley

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 16060

Teasswill

Another PH - when two or more older people are described as having clocked up x years between them. A really meaningless statement.

Key: Complain about this post