A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 15461

hammondorgan

So that's why wiping my botty with a pickled egg was so messy!

Petty Hates

Post 15462

Teasswill

New PH: having to reset so many clocks on appliances after a power cut.

Petty Hates

Post 15463

hammondorgan

Some of the letters are fading on my keyboard. I'm scared to get a new keyboard, this one has special cut copy paste buttons, and I had a dodgy keyboard once that gave me endless problems. Changing technology, it terrifies me.

Petty Hates

Post 15464

Baron Grim

PH: that so many appliances have clocks. Didya know that the clock on your microwave uses more electricity than the oven does?

Petty Hates

Post 15465

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Have you looked online for a new copy of the same keyboard you already have?

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 15466

Bluebottle

PH: I'd never thought of it before, but I now feel I'm missing out on not having a clock on our microwave…

I'm often annoyed by the lack of clock in the bathroom, as when I finish showering I don't know what the time is.

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 15467

You can call me TC

And why, pray, do you have your microwave in the bathroom?

Petty Hates

Post 15468

Beatrice

Clock in bathroom solved by buying an electric toothbrush.

It comes with a clock that times your 2 minutes of brushing time, gives you a star rating, and tells you the time when it's not being used as a toothbrush monitor.

Petty Hates

Post 15469

Pastey

PH: There only being 24 hours in a day.

When I'm working I could really do with an extra couple of hours, and when I'm not working I could really do with an extra couple of hours rest.

Petty Hates

Post 15470

Baron Grim

Move to Mars.

A day on Mars takes 24 hours 39 minutes and 35 seconds in Earth time.

Days on all the other planets are either shorter or MUCH longer.

Petty Hates

Post 15471

Pastey

An extra 40 minutes isn't enough. Can we get a much longer one, but speed up it's rotation a bit with really big rockets?

Petty Hates

Post 15472

Baron Grim

What you need is a Magrathean bespoke planet. Would you like it in mauve? Maybe chartreuse. Two moons or three? Watery, ice, gas or fur covered?

Petty Hates

Post 15473

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Dark. Someplace dark.

With a forest. A moon and lots of clouds, but little rain. Starry.

Might get bored with it after a while.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 15474

ITIWBS

If one could haul Venus out to the outer asteroid belt, leave everything else about it the same, give it some time to chill, it might have possibilities.

Petty Hates

Post 15475

Baron Grim

If you're not hung up on walking on the surface, Venus might be easier to colonize than Mars.

http://youtu.be/gJ5KV3rzuag

Petty Hates

Post 15476

Pastey

Dark and warm. With nice sunshine.

Petty Hates

Post 15477

ITIWBS

Stipulated, in current conditions a surface that glows in the colors of a barbecue pit after dark.

Petty Hates

Post 15478

Deb

A planet with the right kind of weird biology to make cake better for you than lettuce sounds good to me.

I can't believe there's not already a "What planet would you buy from Magrathea?" thread smiley - biggrin

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 15479

Sho - employed again!

PH1 - people who eat hot smelly food in the office. Every freaking day. Korean food. Fishy Korean food. Even though i tell them every day that it's more than antisocial. smiley - grr

PH2 - people who eat hot smelly food in the office. Every freaking day. Korean food. Fishy Korean food. People who eat their hot smelly fishy Korean food in the office and slurp and chew noisily and don't take the hint when you say "don't do that it's stinky and antisocial"

PH3 - supporting a rubbish football team.

PH4 - actually supporting 2 (count 'em: TWO) rubbish football teams
smiley - wah

Petty Hates

Post 15480

Bluebottle

PH: Popping into the pub at lunchtime on the 16th September and discovering they've got their smiley - xmastree up.

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post