A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 8821

Malabarista - now with added pony

I did go. But there was a scary moment when my car was swamped by a big wave breaking over the sea wall smiley - yikes

PH: finding out the hard way that the seal on the passenger side window isn't entirely waterproof...

Petty Hates

Post 8822

swl

s'funny, spending so much time in the water and all, I would have thought seals were pretty waterproof.

Why did you have one on your car though? Is this a form of medieval jousting hitherto unknown to historians?

Petty Hates

Post 8823

There are lots of seals in Strangford Lough - it must've been washed up with the wave and stuck to my mirror!

Petty Hates

Post 8824

KB

Isn't it obvious? The massive wave must have washed it up on the car.

Petty Hates

Post 8825

KB

smiley - simpost

Petty Hates

Post 8826

swl

cor

Petty Hates

Post 8827

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

I went to London. I marched, I rallied and I lifted my voice with the rest of the angry ones. If you want to read more, please message me and I'll send you links and stuff.

PH? College graduation on Friday. Urgh. Also, after walking 2 miles or thereabouts on Friday, my legs are killing me.

Petty Hates

Post 8828

PH: the way the shampoo and conditioner never get used up at the same rate, but also not with a nice ratio of, say, 2:1.

Petty Hates

Post 8829

gandalfstwin OGGMSTKMBGSUIKWIATA

Buy a combo, Mala?????

smiley - erm............................................

smiley - winkeye
GT

Petty Hates

Post 8830

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Depends how long your hair is. That combo stuff doesn't work too well with long hair.

PH: My neighbours. Apparently it's fine for them to listen to stupidly loud jazz at their fortnightly parties, becuase they're old. If I dare to listen to folk rock at a volume above a whisper past half eight, that's evil and naughty and wrong. Becaused I'm not.

smiley - ale

Petty Hates

Post 8831

Give 'em Pink Floyd at 25dB at 8 PM.......................smiley - biggrin

Give 'em Led Zepplin at 50dB at 10 PM.....................smiley - laugh

Get Sozzled................REALLY SOZZLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give 'em Sabbath at 100dB after Midnight.............Whooooooooooooo

smiley - evilgrinlolsmiley - rofl
smiley - somersault
smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh
GT

Petty Hates

Post 8832

Rod

Ice cream this evening, no hokey-pokey so make do with plain, helped along with maple syrup.

No1 son had bought a bottle which I'd rifled sparingly this morning over my brekkie cereal.
But for tis ice cream I missed it, picked up maple flavoured syrup. The disappointment was tangible.

Now, (real) maple syrup is something a bit special. I hadn't found it in Florida, rarely found it in UK but had pigged out on a visit to Vancouver.

Now I know a decent brand, here ('O'Canada' brand).
Aah (if it lasts).

Petty Hates

Post 8833

Isn't ice cream sweet enough? smiley - huh

Petty Hates

Post 8834

Bright Blue Shorts

"Apparently it's fine for them to listen to stupidly loud jazz at their fortnightly parties, becuase they're old. If I dare to listen to folk rock at a volume above a whisper past half eight"

How about getting hold of some of that jazz ... putting it on the CD on repeat on at a just a little more than reasonable volume ... then going out for the night ... see if they still enjoy it ...

Petty Hates

Post 8835

nicki

REpeat 1 to make it even more annoying!

Petty Hates

Post 8836

Rod

Ice cream sweet enough?

Yes, usually...

Petty Hates

Post 8837

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

To finally answer Sho's question: We're going to see Cathedral perform their first album with the original line up... then do a normal set with the current line up. I'm really looking foward to it... Mrs. D, not so much.

Petty Hates

Post 8838

Sho - employed again!

Cathedral - never heard of them smiley - blush
but have fun anyway

Petty Hates

Post 8839

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

Having a filthy coldsore on my lip. Ow.

Petty Hates

Post 8840

smiley - yikesAnna!!

I've had one of them!!!!

Not funny!

smiley - wah
GT

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more