A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 781

crazyhorse

i hate automated customer service lines....press 1 if you would like to listen to some crap music while we have our coffee break

Petty Hates

Post 782

Researcher 185550

Crap coffee.

Petty Hates

Post 783

AlexoOo

The fizzy coffee with tea in it I got from a vending machine once.

Petty Hates

Post 784

Citizen S

Pubs that serve smiley - stiffdrink gin and tonics in wine glasses.

Petty Hates

Post 785

crazyhorse

i hate blue boxes

Petty Hates

Post 786

Citizen S

Do you mean the ones that collect cardboard, paper and tins for recycling or all boxes that are the colour blue, or just drawn boxes coloured blue ?

Petty Hates

Post 787

crazyhorse

i was referring to the ones that appear on my screen claiming there is some sort of error and suggesting i ring customer services..sometimes known as bobsmiley - blue

Petty Hates

Post 788

creachy

i have just been waching the easy jet program. and i am fuming right now at the arrogant, uncaring peices of sh*t that call themselves decent people and think they are always right.

in the program a plane got delayed because of a cracked windscreen. as you can imagine this is a big safety feature, afterall, it's no good having the windscreen fly off at 26,000 feet going 150mph is itsmiley - huh
this was explained to the customers and a fair majority accepted this as the way it goes sometimes, fair enough.
but up pop the gang of snotty upshi*ts that believe they are above everyone else and think it is funny and clever to antagonise the poor member of staff who has the job of telling them this. not only do they have the look of people who think every word they say is a moral victory over others but they seem completely oblivious to how stupid they look and how smiley - bleepish they sound.

sorry for the bad language but these people really do need to wake up to themselves via a hefty smack on the nosesmiley - grr

and can i please be the one to do itsmiley - biggrin

also, i have noticed that when people write an abbreviation like FYI they also write in brackets next to it what it means, so it reads FYI(for your information). what the hell is the point of the abbreviation thensmiley - huh you've just written more for christs sake!

rant over.

Petty Hates

Post 789

crazyhorse

easy jet are pretty poor company as far as customer relations go

Petty Hates

Post 790

Lady in a tree

Programmes like Airline show the bad bits - as someone on tonight's programme said "you only get to hear of the bad times - you never hear anyone say 'we got to the airport, got on the plane, flew to our destination, landed, got off the plane etc.'"

It would be a pretty boring programme if it weren't for the bad times - which ALL airlines have, not just Easyjet.

I think Easyjet are pretty good with customer relations actually - miles better than Ryanair.

I agree about those plonkers on tonights programme - I glean a little satisfaction in knowing that when those tw*ts watch themselves back on telly they will see that they made complete eejits of themselves!

Another quick PH(petty hate) - sorry Creachy, just had to do thatsmiley - winkeye...

people who don't/won't move down inside the carriages of trains - do they think that they might get stuck there and not be able to get off at their stop or are they just plain ignorant?

Petty Hates

Post 791

crazyhorse

i don't blame the employees mind you after all you pay peanuts you get monkeys

i hate microwave meals when the cellophane doesn't peal off like it should

Petty Hates

Post 792

Researcher 185550

Tinned macaroni cheese. The most foul thing I have ever eaten.

Petty Hates

Post 793

Zantic - Who is this woman??

You can buy tinned macaroni cheese? I thought the boxed stuf was bad enough! It only takes ten minutes to make from scratch fer heavens sake!!!!

(oh, by the way, that's the petty hate for this post, 'ready meals' that actually tyake longer to cook than it would from scratch)

Zantic smiley - dragon, who had a rather nice meal of sweetcorn fritters and onion rings fron tesco last night. Even better with Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce..mmmmmmmmm

Petty Hates

Post 794

HonestIago

Disrespectful tourists. In my recent trip the attitude of some tourists really wound me up. These tourists usually come from 3 nationalities, Japanese who seem ignorant of the importance or solemnity certain sites, Americans who are just plain ignorant (why don't they speak English? To which I reply 'Why don't you?') and the English who can be really arrogant. The worst incident I witnessed was in Paris on the Arc De Triomphe, just after the Eternal Flame for the Unknown soldier had been lit, these Japenese tourists were eating a McDonalds. This is one of the biggest war memorials in the world and they were just scoffing fast food. The thing that really got me was the nearest restaurant was about 200 metres down the Champs Ellysee (sp?) so they must have walked all that way just do sit there smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 795

Researcher 185550

I've not noticed that, but what winds me up is when tourists know more about a local point of interest than I do.

Petty Hates

Post 796

Haylle (Nyssabird) ? mg to recovery

I'm still annoyed about the 9/11 anniversary. Either it was an excuse to peddle donuts with sprinkles in 'patriotic' colors to people desperate for a material way to show their feelings or to peddle legislation while people were in an emotionally compromised state. I'm so sick of false sobriety. 'What does 9/11 mean to you?' asks a momentarily serious talk show host or news anchor. What does it mean?! A better question would be, 'do we know what meaning *is*, and who is giving us the tools to help us contemplate it for ourselves, in silent conference with the human self within?' It's just hard not to feel devalued, emotionally manipulated, by forces that have agendas that don't involve the advancement of the individual human spirit. *sigh*

I also hate when you buy an object with a sticky tag on in, the gummy cr*p of which won't come off. grr.

Petty Hates

Post 797

Researcher 185550

Particularly CDs, and also, on that topic, I hate it when CDs don't give me the words.

A petty love, if such a thing exists, is the In Utero CD cover slip, which even tells you what levels you should put the little twisty nobs on your amp at smiley - smiley.

Petty Hates

Post 798

Bluemooner

Working 12 hr night shifts on Saturdays

(posted at 04.20am Sunday morning - only 3 hrs to go)

Actually, it's not really a petty hate - more a major bore.

Petty Hates

Post 799

Researcher 185550

Major bores.

Petty Hates

Post 800

crazyhorse

seeing bbc programmes paid for by license holders sold on cable stations with advertising

Key: Complain about this post