A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 441

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Especially TV commercials. There's some which are so annoying, I've sworn never to buy their product simply because of the music they've used. Or when the producers take a perfectly good song and insert in in a terrible program, thereby ruining the song for you forever. smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 442

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Excessively prudish members of society.

People who think train diagrams are are simple as 'stick some extra units on'.

smiley - ale

Petty Hates

Post 443

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

A few I agree with and a couple moresmiley - biggrin

Saternine mentioned :Lad-ettes?(what is that?)

Hovooloo's funny post smiley - laugh
smiley - starI thought he took great pains to NOT offend.

Chain letters smiley - yuk

Cell phones except for emergencies, the popularity is baffling to me.It's a backwards quality of functioningsmiley - doh

Continuous Fair well tours & end of business sales!

Distortion of proffesional sports
"Heroes" mentality smiley - cross
salaries/fan & city loyalties/the prices of good seats & refreshmentssmiley - yikes

Cutsie *News "titles" for wars and other stories

Fake DR on commercials for health purchases

"dont touch the hair1"

"Good Job!"
lady in a tree disliked that one!
Sounds like they make all life a job.

"Not too bad"
A comment that creachy disliked. It probably means just that creachy! They are NOT totally goodsmiley - ermbut not *TOO* bad.

Deliberate Black Sheep Syndrome
Someone else mentioned this one,I agree!
Deliberatly having a single rule to break all rules gets boring.

People who look annoyed & suck air through their teeth in a store linesmiley - yuk sounds like hissing. *makes me want to growl at them*smiley - laugh

cigarette butts; Yep ,any where they should NOT be is disgusting

Too much Beige!
Fear of colorssmiley - artist celebrate colors! Express some joy or whatever through them!smiley - smiley

Tv & radio commercials with electronic sounds signals and phones ringing! Enough already with the beeps, alarms, rings, tones,bells and pulses!
smiley - disco

Petty Hates

Post 444

BouncyBitInTheMiddle

Nutriceramide-R, whatever that is, and fruit micro-oils.

One day someone is going to take over the shampoo market with an advert something along the lines of "Well, our gimick is that it actually cleans your hair...".

Petty Hates

Post 445

The one and only BOB (Knight of the attack penguin puppet masters)(We are Susan Winkle. Join us. A1097363)

Colours in general.
There is far too many of them.

My walls are apparently Apple white.
Apple white? ITS LIGHT GREEN!!!!
This colour bears no resemblance to white whatsoever!

My girlfriend was looking at a skirt in the shop.
The label said "chocolate"
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH BROWN?!!!!!

Petty Hates

Post 446

The one and only BOB (Knight of the attack penguin puppet masters)(We are Susan Winkle. Join us. A1097363)

Colours in general.
There is far too many of them.

My walls are apparently Apple white.
Apple white? ITS LIGHT GREEN!!!!
This colour bears no resemblance to white whatsoever!

My girlfriend was looking at a skirt in the shop.
The label said "chocolate"
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH BROWN?!!!!!

Petty Hates

Post 447

Polly Math

Yes, the predictability is maddening too. Gardening? Why, 'English Country Garden' of course.

Must try and fill the gap in the market by writing some songs about gardening, cookery, antiques & home makeovers. There could be nice little royalty cheques coming in for years.

Petty Hates

Post 448

Three Headed Sarahs, the friendy three-headed bird from ff 243

We hate human beings, they are so FULL of themselves.

Petty Hates

Post 449

The Groob

The way boxing promoters still try to market Mike Tyson as being potentially invincible.This is simply because there are no credible opponents to take on Lennox Lewis. Tyson is a has-been and er, has been for many years.

Petty Hates

Post 450

AlexoOo

Petty Hates. People that whine and moan about the negative things in their lives, when they could be doing something positive. It's just a waste of energy to focus on what irritates you, try to push it out of your mind!

You irritating pussbags!

Petty Hates

Post 451

Zero The Hero (bringer of humorous typos)

Burger joint staff asking me if I want a drink with my order. If I wanted a drink I would have ordered one.

Petty Hates

Post 452

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

'You don't mind that I have scheduled you to work the end of May bank holiday do you?'

smiley - steam

Actually yes I do mind. I will be away from home for a month. I was looking forward to seeing the boyfriend for a whole three days, and he wouldn't have to use any of his precious annual leave to do it. smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 453

The Groob

Those silly tea cosy hats that many guys insist on wearing.

Petty Hates

Post 454

The Groob

Convicted criminals being treated like heroes by some people and the press.

Petty hates

Post 455

AlexoOo

Petty Hates!!!!

Get a life and find something seriously annoying and damaging to hate.

(Just a personal opinion, you are at liberty to hate whatever you want, but don't give yourself a seizure)

This message was issued by the freedom to hate society, established the year Bill Gates was born.

Petty hates

Post 456

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

"petty" is the key word here
Nothing on my list would ruin a day or even an hour for me.
They are petty!smiley - tongueout
I thought that was the pointsmiley - erm
smiley - disco

Petty hates

Post 457

Zantic - Who is this woman??

Flatmates who play their music really loud at nine on a Saturday morning while hogging the bathroom. The upshot of which is me leaving home and coming to work cos its better than lying in bed with pillow in ears...

Petty hates

Post 458

AlexoOo

Hardback books. I mean they are too big and cumbersome to carry and just take up too much space on bookshelves. And they cost around three times as much as the subsequently (6 months later) released paperback.

Petty hates

Post 459

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

People who use "like" every second word.

e.g.: "Like I was goning like, that way, and like this, like real jerk, like, cutme off, like, you know? It like really. like..."

People who use the "F" word every second word. I'm no prude and I have been known to sewar the bark off a tree... but, really... once in a paragraph is enough...

e.g.: "F! That F'ing F'er F'ed with my F'ing head. I was really F'ed up......"

I was trapped on a long bus ride once with a guy who used the F word in every possible way... Noun, verb, adverb, adjective, pronoun, expletive. I wanted to f'ing punch his f'ing lights out...

People who use "heart rendering" when they mean "heart RENDING"...

People who say "Do you take Interact?" It is INTERAC... it says so right on the card...... Can you not READ??????

People who say "flim" whaen asking for FILM.... It is said like it is spelled....

People who stomp around the office... especially little tiny people who manage to sound like they weigh 850 lbs. Like the dear girls in the office who make 1500 trips a day to the photocopier and shake my desk every time they walk by. I am a big girl and manage to walk so quietly that I startle people who didn't hear me walk up behind them.

People who scuff their feet when they walk. (there was the girl who used to come into our store with little bells on her shoes and wander around for 1/2 hour.... jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle.....

People who line up for the bank machine in a straight line no matter that they end up being crushed against the wall or end up blocking a corridor.... It is possible to line up in an "L" shape. God will NOT strike you dead if you do!

People who don't see the other 500 people lined up at the bank machine and walk right up behind the p[erson using it... "Was I waiting for the machine???? Of course not, we were all just standing here waiting for tickets to go on sale for the next Beatle's concert...."

Petty hates

Post 460

Zantic - Who is this woman??

I know we've had this one recently but ..... SPITTING in the street.

This morning while walking into work (a hospital) a lovely lady spat straight across my path. I can forgive accidentally spitting or spluttering, but fer gawd's sake mankind can't you carry a tissue or swallow?

And the little boys at my bus stop who don't just spit (which is bad enough) but bring the phlegm up from the depths and then drool it out onto the ground...just missing the tips of their shoes. They were having a contest yesterday morning I think. smiley - yuk

It's not only not clever, it's bleeding disgusting.....and unsanitary too.

*suddenly realises she's starting to sound a bit like Matron and goes off to do summat silly to make up for it smiley - winkeye*

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more