A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 4361

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

When people pronounce the words "escape" and "especially" as "ekscape" and "ekspecially".

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 4362

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

and arks for ask ....

smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 4363

Deb

then there's pacific for specific...

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 4364

(crazyhorse)impeach hypatia

or ax instead of ask...also conversate

Petty Hates

Post 4365

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

The adding of '-ise' (and varients thereof) to perfectly innocent words. At work we don't put thing in the diary we 'diarise' them... well, they do, I put things in the diary. I've even seen mention of a server being 'internetised'.

Petty Hates

Post 4366

Cheerful Dragon

Nukiller instead if nuclear annoys me. It's not that hard to say!smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 4367

Cheerful Dragon

Make that 'instead of', not 'instead if'.

Petty Hates

Post 4368

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

Deb, re the pacific thing, my Travel and Tourism teacher does that; it really gets on my nerves. Where the f***/how were people brought up if they speak like that?! Mind you, she did go to university in Belfast so maybe it comes from there. (God I hope not, I should be going to college there soon).

Petty Hates

Post 4369

KB

"Mind you, she did go to university in Belfast" Oddly enough, I've noticed that Ian Paisley always says it. He's not from Belfast, but maybe that backs up that it's a common NI thing.

Petty Hates

Post 4370

The Groob

I've always thought it would've made more sense to actually make the word "pacific" as it's much easier to say.

Petty hates:

People who stare at funeral processions. I've been in funeral cars before and people have literally gawped at the car and its occupants as it passes.

People who automatically assume that their opinion is *the* opinion, or that their idea of right is automatically a universal, indisputable right.

Petty Hates

Post 4371

Kyra

My first post here was about customers who are rude to retail staff, and that will probably always be my worst petty hate, seeing as I've worked for 7+ years in retail.

But another petty hate is ignorant checkout staff. I don't mind if they're new, and I'm *always* polite, even when they stuff everything up.

Today I needed to get $150 out for my budget, so I bought a few things and asked to get cash out up to $150. I emphasised it, cos I know that it can be difficult to understand ... smiley - rolleyes After getting a blank stare, I asked three or four more times, trying to simplify it. My total groceries were 28.97 or something, so I said that I wanted $119 out, to make it UP to 150. So she put it through UP to 119. So I said, uh, no, sorry, I wanted it up to 150, so, like you did before but up to 150, not 119 ...

Anyway, even though she had managed to make it up to exactly $119, she couldn't do it again up to $150, so she had to call a manager. Five minutes later, and I was still being very polite and nice smiley - winkeye but I was having to make an effort by then. The manager showed her how to do it, nice and quick, but for whatever reason she put the total through as $150.07. I couldn't be bothered arguing the point, so I just accepted it. Then she short-changed me the ten cents smiley - rolleyessmiley - groan I was beyond caring by that point, and just left. I did mutter 'un-frigging-believable as I walked away, but not as so she could see or hear me smiley - winkeye As much as I dislike checkout people who can't tell their ass from their elbow, I dislike people who are rude to them even less smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 4372

Todaymueller

Ok , here's one . People who put banners across foot bridges over duel carridge ways proclaiming ' Jackie is 40 !!! today ' or ' Welcome home Julian ' . Its not puting up the banners that i find annoying its the fact that they can bever be a##ed to take them down again afterwards . So everybody has to look at a slowly dissintegrating bed sheet , with fading marker pen writting on for weeks afterwards . smiley - grr

best fishes...tod

Petty Hates

Post 4373

(crazyhorse)impeach hypatia

the interweb

Petty Hates

Post 4374

Yael Smith

Joe Pasquale

Petty Hates

Post 4375

Elentari

Yes. And Russell Brand. Not funny.

Petty Hates

Post 4376

la_chupa

people who work in cubicles and think that everyone around them wants to hear their radio station smiley - cross

Petty Hates

Post 4377

Elentari

People who drive around playing their music very loudly. It's always the people with terrible taste in music who feel the need to share it with the world.

You never hear The Shins, or Muse or The Beatles blasting out of someone's car.

Petty Hates

Post 4378

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

Elentari... If you play the beatles loudly out of your car at me, I'll let your tyres down and disconnect your battery!

smiley - ok

Petty Hates

Post 4379

DaveBlackeye

I saw some bloke in a souped up chavmobile the other day playing 'Eye of the Tiger' very loudly through open windows. I assume he was taking the p**s smiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 4380

Malabarista - now with added pony

My father will roll the windows down and loudly blast Beethoven, or some kind of Renaissance viola concerto smiley - rolleyes

Key: Complain about this post