A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Where are our researchers from?

Post 481

Garry the Keeper Of The Sacred Barra Lure.

Born in Tamworth,raised in Penrith,matured in Wangi Wangi,moved to Townsville,Married in Manilla,trained in Adelaide, now residing in Katherine but am serving in East Timor....hows them apples?????

Catherine?

Post 482

Wraith

Catherine? the one with the gorge? neat place!

Catherine?

Post 483

Garry the Keeper Of The Sacred Barra Lure.

yes my friend, the one with a "K" as well as the gorge,been there have you?

Post 484

Barney's Bucksaws

Garry - you've got around your country almost as much as I've got around mine!

Never been out of Canada but: born and raised in Brandon, Manitoba, then on to Cornwallis and Mill Cove, Nova Scotia, Victoria and Vancouver, BC, Montreal and Quebec City, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto and Hamilton, Ontario, Calgary, Alberta, Elkford, BC, then back to Brandon, then to Estevan and North Portal, Saskatchewan, the moved to Selkirk, Manitoba, and worked in Winnipeg! I've lived for at least a month in each of these places!

Post 485

Donik

I saw on the list that there is nobody from Switzerland. Now there is one.

Post 486

Monk381

Greetings to all!
I was born in Indiana
I grew up in Wisconsin
I am now based out of Texas in Houston.

Post 487

a girl called Ben

Gloucestershire, born in the same house as my Grandmother, and completely unwilling to live anywhere else in the UK.

But to compensate for that I have now started working elsewhere, Glasgow last year, Hamburg this year, and Stockholm now and for most of next year....

Post 488

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Born Missouri. Rectified *that* situation when I was 7, moved to Missoula, Montana.
Spent those formative college years in St. Peter, Minnesota. Whee-ha, 2 bars, no movie theatre, and a whole lot of Swedish Lutherans. But I loved it, although it was difficult to be without mountains.
Moved to Kenai Alaska, moved away.
Moved to Grand Canyon, Arizona, spent a while there, got married, got a kid, moved back to Missoula.
And here I sit, playing at graduate student, working on the single parenting thing, and loving the fact that the mountains surround me.

Post 489

Researcher Uncertain

I'm from Kansas. Nothing exceptional to mention about it. It's a good place to start vacations from. ;^)

Post 490

Mother of God, Empress of the Universe

Born: Bremerhaven, Germany
As a child: Pennsylvania, Ohio, Iowa
Adolescence: Satellite Beach, Florida
University of Florida: Gainesville,FL
Since then: Miami,FL Baton Rouge,LA San Juan,Puerto Rico
Landed in paradise and hope to stay for a while: Fort Lauderdale,FL
Ahhhhhhhhhh.....home at last smiley - smiley

Post 491

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Ubi bene ibi patria = Home is where your heart is (loosely translated) smiley - smiley I see we were both born in Germany. What's your story then? US Military background?

Post 492

Mother of God, Empress of the Universe

Hi Pierce! My father was American army, for a brief while, and was stationed in Bremerhaven where he met my mom. They married and quickly created *ME* ! Moved to the US as a baby, my mom became a citizen, we moved around some to follow my father's career (avionics engineer). After university (studied German lit., and can't even speak it anymore without mixing with Spanish!) vacillated between the trucking industry and cosmetics (yeah--makes sense--I know). Got blown out of Miami into Baton Rouge due to hurricane Andrew destroying my house, a characterbuilding experience! Spent 2 years there, then moved to Puerto Rico, sight unseen, for yet another adventure in the life of MoG. A year in PR, back briefly to Miami, and now in Fort Lauderdale, working for CHANEL (I'm an imposter) and trying to learn computer graphics ASAP so I can get all the nutty stuff out of my head and redesign the universe. In a nutshell smiley - smiley

Post 493

David.Hunnam

Just west of a ley line and on a south slope by a river bank
(aka Nottingham UK)but originally .......

Post 494

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Hi Mother! (Well I used to be God, so... :-)) So we DID have something in common: My mother was german too (if you are REALLY interested go to my site and read the "Oh really"-thread). On your way there why don't you stop here: http://www.h2g2.com/F54793?thread=85571&post=690207

Post 495

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

I was born in Roseville, California. I grew up in suburban Portland, Oregon in the town of Aloha and the area of Cedar Hills.

When I turned 17 I joined the Army. I was trained at Fort Benning, Georgia before being stationed at Camp Howze, Korea with the 1st Battalion, 5th Infantry during the 88 Olympics. Then I was reassinged the 3rd Battalion, 69th Armor at Fort Stewart, Georgia. After I came back from the Gulf War, I went to Explosive Ordnance Disposal school at Eglin AFB, Florida and Indian Head, Maryland. After that I was stationed at Andrews AFB, Maryland, just outside of Washington DC.

When I left the Army, I got married and followed my wife to Fort Irwn, California. Then she was reassigned to Fort Gillem, Georgia. Now we're both out and living in Stockbridge, Georgia which is just south of Atlanta.

We've lived here since 1994, and we're about ready to move. Any suggestions?

Post 496

Anonymouse

Houston? If you run into Dr. Les, tell him we miss him.. He'll guess (I hope) who 'we' are. smiley - winkeye

'Nonniesmiley - rose

Post 497

Bad Case

I'm from Braunschweig/Germany (BTSV forever!!!) and currently I'm trying to live in Ahausen, a f*****g small village somewhere in the nowhere of northern Ger., but maybe I'll move when I'm through with school next summer.

Post 498

DEATH

I Think It Might Be Two.
Ygg Comes From Norway Or Switzerland Or Somewhere.
One Of The Colder Areas.
I Come From Rath.
Also Known As Rhyl.

Post 499

Ardzil ( Squad No-4 )

Born-Glasgow,Scotland
Raised-Glasgow,Scotland
Reside-Glasgow,Scotland
I think I can safely say I,m from Glasgow,Scotland

Post 500