A Conversation for Ask h2g2

is there anything?

Post 1

Researcher 97608

can anyone tell me if there is anyway of genrating 25,000 volts without the use if a power station and preferably something that is small and light. It is for a home made proton accelerator i have all the bits and put them in but now i just need the power or i will have to make the less powerful electron accelerator.

is there anything?

Post 2

Taipan - Jack of Hearts

No, there is only everything!

Apparently, if you collect enough dissected limes, and twice as many copper rods, then yes. Otherwise, No.

is there anything?

Post 3

E'dalethni II

Voltage is not a problem. Use a trasformer.

Unfortunatly, the increase in voltage will be accompanied by a corrisponding drop in current, so your power output will be the same, but it might be usefull to have the increase in voltage anyway.

is there anything?

Post 4

G

Seems to me that making the proton accelerator is only half your problem. Before you can use it, you'll need a ghost trap, and of course you'll have to have the ecto-containment unit installed at home, 'cause those batteries in the ghost traps don't last very long.

is there anything?

Post 5

yuNobody

Gee can't believe nobodys told you to just stand outside during a lighting storm with a metal rod.

Why is it that people don't help now a days?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more