A Conversation for Ask h2g2

The Refreshers Club and Survey

Post 1

Haylle (Nyssabird) ? mg to recovery

OK..from the breast thread, it seems I'm not the only person bored/ing enough to play the 'refresh button' game on my user space. So let's find a way to find out exactly how pathetic we are, shall we?

A) I never find the need to hit refresh. I can hardly keep up with my conversations as is, and I am one of the most popular researchers to boot.

B) I hit refresh only as necessary to keep current.

C) When at the computer I invariably have an H2G2 window open, and refresh it occasionally when I have a moment.

D) I am always at the computer, and am always logged onto H2G2 and rather obsessively hit refresh, which is a sad thing since I don't have the popularity to necessitate this habit.

E) More orgasmic than sex with a Swedish nurse, a better fix than crack, for me, is refreshing my user space to discover that two or more conversations in which I have an avid interest have been posted to 'just now.' And if they're conversations off of *my* userspace? *falls over*

F) I have reconfigurated my keyboard so that the most accessible key functions to refresh, so I can nod off in front of the monitor at 3 in the morning, incessantly pushing the button in question..(much like those rats with the electrodes on their testicles?)

I am a D..by the way.

Post 2

Captain_SpankMunki [Keeper & Former ACE] Thanking <Diety of choice> for the joy of Goo.

E) smiley - biggrin

...and it was me that brought up the subject of refreshing one's user space so do I get extra points?

Liam.

Post 3

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

I'm a B.

But surely the latter half of D doesn't apply to you Nyssabird? smiley - smiley

smiley - shark

Post 4

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

Hmmm... I think I'm mostly a D, sometimes a C when I'm actually w*rking...

When I first joind the site, there were a few of us used to play the 'no reply' game - we just couldn't log off until all teh conversations on our space had 'no reply'!

Post 5

Simon the Silly Sausage (Gone AWOL from h2g2)

Help! I'm off the scale, I need a whole new catagory to describe my state of refreshness.
I have custom built an auto refreshing h2g2 window into my browser's hotlist pannel just to stop me getting repetetive strain injury from hitting the refresh key so often.

Post 6

BobTheFarmer

Hehe, Im definately a D.

Post 7

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

I'm a G.

'My conversations' pop up open constantly, that I occasionally also maunally refresh (coz once every 2 minutes just isn't enough)

smiley - cheers

smiley - online2long

Post 8

Coniraya

I'm a G too smiley - ok

Post 9

*giggle*

Yessss...*rubs hands together*

Post 10

Cybercat

I`m just

Post 11

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Solid C with D tendencies.

Post 12

Cybercat

Hang on
Just got it
I`m an A but sometimes a D

Post 13

Maybe an adjunct survey should involve us coming up with all the *ways* we find to refresh.

Hehe..maybe our logo should be a deoderant stick with H2G2 emblazoned on the front. Maybe some cheesy line like "The Researchers - Always the Refreshest"

smiley - online2longsmiley - laughs at own stupid jokes

Post 14

Captain_SpankMunki [Keeper & Former ACE] Thanking <Diety of choice> for the joy of Goo.

*wonders if the italics would use their powers to change the original question to "What is your cup size?"*

Liam.

Post 15

BobTheFarmer

Hmmm, I probably verge to a E.

Post 16

Cybercat

Excuse me?
*smiley - laughs at the joke

Post 17

PQ

definitely a D smiley - smiley

Post 18

Cybercat

Hehehehe

Post 19

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

I'm still a G smiley - winkeye

Post 20

Cybercat

smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more