A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Insomnia

Post 41

Anonymouse

I've not had the misfortune to see it. smiley - winkeye

(But do you have a copy? I need some sleep right now. smiley - winkeye)

Insomnia

Post 42

Aoibheil 56832

If life were a beach would anyone of us care if we slept?

Insomnia

Post 43

Researcher 92405

I only suffer of insomnia over the summer , why is this?

Insomnia

Post 44

Anonymouse

Summer is too short to sleep through.
Winter is time for hibernation.
Combination of the two? smiley - winkeye

Insomnia

Post 45

Dr. G.

Wish I could hibernate all through winter and then save all the sleep up for summer. Then I'd be able to enjoy every minute of it.

Insomnia

Post 46

Anonymouse

*nods* Wouldn't it be great!

Every April or May (or sometimes even one of those unseasonably warm February days) I hear myself saying, "I'm going to get out early -this- summer and make sure I don't waste it." ... And every August 30th or 31st I feel like I blinked and missed it again. smiley - sadface

Insomnia

Post 47

Astrogoth

Yeah, know the feeling! Happened again this summer. It's a real bugger. I just want to go out, lie on a beach and toast. OK, I know it's bad for me, but you're talking to a guy who end up talking on a mobile phone to his girlfriend for literally hours on end. Doesn't do much for the bill, and doesn't do much for my (by now) deeply fried braincells. So health is not an issuesmiley - smiley.

Lawdy, Ah wish it were summa once moah!
Goth

Insomnia

Post 48

Anonymouse

At least -this- year we're being compensated to an extent... I mean.. here it is October 13 (at least in most of the world) and we're still going through bits of the upper seventies in temps (that's Fahrenheit, of course smiley - winkeye), which I know some of those Aussies will think cold, but they're rather nice here. smiley - winkeye

Insomnia

Post 49

Astrogoth

True I suppose. Here in Killarney, Ireland it's quite nice too, a kind of really crisp sunny day. I have no idea what the temp is in Fahrenheit, though...

Insomnia

Post 50

Sporkulious Eglon

Hmm... lucky... we've already had snow... quite a bit chilly up here

Hi Anonymouse!

Insomnia

Post 51

Dr. G.

Yeah it's not so bad here in Manchester. Spoke to a friend in Perth this morning and it was and had been raining ... so it's not all so sunny down under.

Insomnia

Post 52

Anonymouse

What really sux is that there used to be a cam down in Fremantle I could use to check out the weather there. I don't remember why, but they took it down for a long while. Now I can't find the bookmark. *Sob*

Insomnia

Post 53

a visitor to planet earth

I hope you are all sleeping ok now.

Insomnia

Post 54

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

smiley - zzz

Insomnia

Post 55

a visitor to planet earth

We are having a heatwave which is causing sleep problems for lots of people. I have no problems, because I sleep on the ground floor, its much cooler.

Insomnia

Post 56

Cheerful Dragon

It can also depend which way your room faces. Our living room and kitchen are cooler than the bedrooms upstairs, but the front bedroom is cooler than the back one because the front one catches any breeze. Even then, I slept badly last night because it was so hot.

Key: Complain about this post