A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 7581

Rudest Elf

Now I understand why Spanish friends say they love London's summertime weather - the rain in particular. I'd take any kind of rain here, but in England it has to rain hard enough for the drops to bounce high over the asphalt streets.

Temperatures in Madrid reached a record 40ºC (for the month of June). It's cooler now, but still 'Hot Hot Hot!!!': http://www.goear.com/listen/0f1cab6/hot-hot-hot-the-cure

smiley - reindeer

Post 7582

winternights

Still a mixed bag of sunshinesmiley - cool and showerssmiley - wah. Temp mid teens and winds variable

Have been taking some good pictures of the various cloud formations weve had recently.

Gardensmiley - petunias not so good, too much rain and not enough sun. Everything is too leggy,green and not enough flowerssmiley - sadface

Post 7583

ITIWBS

Coachella Valley, CA, USA

F 13 Jul 2012, ~11:50pm PDT

The weather forecast for rain was extended today to include Saturday, projected highs, F & Sa 99F/42.5C, current temperature, 80F/26C.

The forecast rains have mostly fizzled, locally, though there have been light sprinkles W & Th.

The first really solid showers started at about 10:00pm tonight, with a forecast for lightning and thunder and a flash flood warning in effect.

Currently in a lull, but there will probably be more rain before dawn and a little tomorrow.

No lightning and thunder yet.

Past flash floods, I've seen water a foot deep pouring across the entire lot, leaving behind a 5' x 5' channel running directly beneath the the house.

No serious damage, though we did need to replace a couple of foundation jacks.

Nothing happening at the moment to suggest I'm going to need to close the flood gates at the head of the driveway.

Post 7584

Effers;England.

Peckham, London 10.26 British Summertime

Raining - and rained most of last night. Even the pond plants around the edge have given up sucking it up as fast as it fills...my English wildflower meadow area has also finally given up, though partly due to the fox path through it becoming ever more defined.

Heading for the soggiest Olympics ever. There is supposedly even clouds and rain as part of the opening ceromony thingy smiley - snork Now talk of cloud seeding to get it falling somewhere else smiley - snork What with the surface to air missiles sited on roofs, 3000 troops drafted in and continual rain, transport panics, phrases like 'shambles, chaos and nightmare' are not just being uttered on tv comedy programmes like 'London 2012'. Another smiley - snork

Post 7585

winternights

The weathermansmiley - sillysaid today that the jet stream was about to adopt it natural position this week and so give us back our usual summer weathersmiley - wahsmiley - winkeye

Wrong, wrong, wrong, I think someone who is organising the Olympics told him thatsmiley - ermand we now know how much rubbish they’ve been coming out with recently.

Rain, rain with the odd sunny splash here and there about sums it up, as for the jet stream, the stratosphere temps suggest it might come nearer to the southern tip of the UK.

Post 7586

lapislazuli

Gawd,
Middle Eastern Summer (bad bits) have been here in the last 3 days: sunny (yes), high humidity? (yes), high temperatures 47C+? (yes). Both here in Manama an Dhahran just across the causeway, it's been much better to be inside an air conditioned space!
Anyway, it's the summer and I'd rather be here than in my birthplace, England which has been having such a rubbish (weather) time in recent months.Such a shsme as when the weather's good in England, it's beautiful.
It'll be interesting to see how the weather gods deal the cards for the oh so soon Olympics!smiley - winkeye

Post 7587

Effers;England.

They said the jet stream won't shift 'til next week. But in the meantime more rain, as it presently is i.e. raining.

I have a British stoicism about it raining on the evening I go to watch the Athletics. Worse things happen at sea.

If its just normal August weather...it'll be a big improvement though.

Peckam, London. 17.21 Britsh Summertime.

Post 7588

Mol - on the new tablet

Good news. It's my son's 10th birthday next week. So it *will* be hot and sunny. At Legoland, at least.

(Other theme parks are available. But we aren't going there so they might not get the birthday sunshine.)

Mol

Post 7589

winternights

They can say what they like; they often do and get it wrongsmiley - wah.

I have a very good track record regarding weather prediction, much to the despair of the folksmiley - hug down at the pubsmiley - cheers.
They look at me as if I’m some kind of Rain God, I tell them "I don’t make it, I just predict it", based on good science and not the rubbish the Met office feeds the weather channels.

Mol. Hope the wee one has a good 10th birthdaysmiley - smiley, weekend looks good, bit of high pressure building but smiley - sorry to say it wont last long into next week, more of the old wet stuff I’m afraid.

Currently Monsoon’ing smiley - winkeye it down, as I predicted down at the pubsmiley - cheers

Post 7590

Reality Manipulator

Belhus South Ockendon 23/07/2012 18:16

A sunny evening with a clear blue sky and the outside temperature is 24°C.

Post 7591

Reality Manipulator

Belhus near South Ockendon 24/07/2012 09:27

According to weather reports, yesterday was 28°C and the outer areas of London, where it was 1-2 degrees cooler. A sunny morning with a clear blue sky and the outside temperature is 22°C.

Post 7592

Mol - on the new tablet

Northamptonshire UK.

Our back garden reached 31.4 in the shade today.

Mol

Post 7593

shagbark

we were having that kind of heat for abpout a week straight in Michigan.
It is currently 81 F (27 c) and patly cloudy.

Post 7594

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Blairgowrie, Perthshire, it's raining so hard here that the gutters are overflowing, the ones by my bedroom is on the brink of popping out the joint and I'm scared that after ten years my ceiling may decide to start leaking again...

There's a lot of rain!

Post 7595

Reality Manipulator

Belhus near South Ockendon 07/09/2012 18:25

Sunny evening with a clear pale forget-me-not blue sky, with the temperature at 23°C.

Post 7596

shagbark

Lansing,MI 8PM EDT 7 September. a rainy Evening.

Post 7597

Evangeline

South Louisiana, 9:30 p.m. Fair 83°F/28°C Humidity 70%

Post 7598

ITIWBS

Sa 8 Sep 2012 ~ 4:00pm PDT

Note the long hiatus from the most recent postings...

...so dat's what it wuz dat put me in de hospital with cascading health collapses and occasioned so many issues of 'attitude' of so many kinds on the part of so many...

...the jet stream did a flip-flop, giving us a vigorous kick in the climate...

Post 7599

ITIWBS

Coachella Valley, CA, USA

6:13am PDT Tu 11 Sep 2012

Temp. 76F/24C

Moderate wind carrying monsoonal flow coming up from the south.

Lightning too distant to hear thunder to the west.

Forecast for rain, but no actual precipitation yet.

Post 7600

Reality Manipulator

Belhus near South Ockendon 26/10 /2012 17:00

Cloudy day with light to moderate showers of rain.

The temperature now is 8°C but with the chill wind factor, feels more like 5°C/ The wind speed is 13 / 18 mph and the direction is NNE. The humidity is 78%.

Key: Complain about this post