A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 6861

Reddy Freddy

Indeed. I wonder if the people tweeting Heathrow Airport have tried:

(i) calling their airline and been unable to get through;
(ii) going to their airline's website, to find a message saying "please contact you airport";
(iii) calling Heathrow Airport and being unable to get through;
(iv) going to Heathrow Airport's website, which says "please contact your airline";
(v) finally found a way to contact *someone* who will give them a response;
(vi) only to find smiley - chocolateteapot

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Post 6862

Reality Manipulator

21 December 2010 Belhus, Esssex 11:47

Light latey Grey coloured sky. The temperature now is 2°C. Temperatures will be going down again at night from Thursday night.

Post 6863

Smudger879n

It was -7 here in Fife today, roads still a bit dodgy, although main routes are clearsmiley - ok

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 6864

turvy (Fetch me my trousers Geoffrey...)

Yesterday (20/12/10) - driving to Llandrindod Wells in Mid-Wales it was clear blue with patchy, freezing fog and -12C

Today in North Wales, cloudy and -2 to -4C.

Now 00.15 on 22/12/10 it is -1C with moderate snowfall for the last 4 hours. About 20cm on the ground now.

I LOVE IT!!

Post 6865

Ballynac

Good morning from London, England. It's Wednesday the 22nd of December around 0845. It's another grey and overcast day here. It's actually even raining a little bit this morning.

It's decidedly milder than the last few days. The current temperature is about 0c, with an expected high of 3c. But that real biting cold has gone, for now at least. There's still a bit of snow on the ground in places, but for the most part it's truned to slushiness by now.

My trip to Rome for my brother's wedding was a no-go because of the problems at Gatwick on the weekend. And now my brother and his new wife along with some other family members have been stuck overnight in Rome because Dublin airport was closed yesterday and that's where they were flying back to. Hopefully they get through toay some time. And hopefully Heathrow will be back to normal by Boxing Day when I'm due to fly to Ireland for my sister's 40th birthday! Busy time fo year for all this travel chaos to be happening!

Post 6866

Orcus

I have a friend who's about to miss his own wedding in the States as he's supposed to be flying from Heathrow.
It's all very nice this snow provided you don't have to travel in it.

We had quite a thaw in Cardiff yesterday so the snow is only about 8 inches deep at my house now smiley - laugh, the main roads are passable now and we had a visit from the postman for the first time in over a week!
Finally good for making a snowman though, the partial melt has made it sticky, it was too powdery before smiley - winkeye

It's supposed to be cold here again today but it feels the same as yesterday to me, nice for a partial melt before we travel to Oxfordshire on Christmas Eve. smiley - ok

(a full melt would be bad I think - much flooding would not be good for travel either).

Post 6867

Reality Manipulator

22 December 2010 Belhus, Esssex 18:00

Cloudy sky with very little breeze. The temperature now is 1°C.

Post 6868

Reality Manipulator

23 December 2010 Belhus, Esssex 12:19

Cloudy sky with a cold breeze. The temperature now is 1°C but with the chill factor feels like 5°C .

Wind speeds are the North at 17-29 mph.

Post 6869

Reality Manipulator

24 December 2010 Belhus, Esssex 12:22

Partly loudy sky with some sunny spells. The temperature now is 0°C but with the chill factor feels like -5°C .

Post 6870

shagbark

24 December 8AM (EST) Lansing MI US
26F(-6C) A White Christmas.
Not snowing now but grey skies, and light wind.

Post 6871

KWDave

27 Dec 2010 Key West, FL 0700 EST

After a glorious day on the 25th, old man winter has arrived again. Our visitors are now discovering why 50F/10C feels cold, especially with the wind out of the North at 40 knots. Seas are rolling with swells over two meters and the charter boats look they are in a washing machine. smiley - ill

Forecast calls for 40F/4C overnight and gusts to 50 knots.

Post 6872

Ballynac

Hello from County Clare in the West of Ireland. It's Monday, 27th December at 2pm. It's a grey overcast day, though it's mostly dry and there is no breeze. The current temperature is around 8c, which is blissfully mild compared to the negative ttemperatures that have been the norm for the past couple of weeks. Despite the mildness, the pipes leading to my Mum's house are still frozen in the ground, so the house is on it's 5th day without running water!! Not fun!

Post 6873

shagbark

then there is the other problem with frozen pipes- mthey tend to crack so once they thaw you will have to check for leaks.

Post 6874

Anonymouse

They threw up a link to all the flights. That was useful. Now I need to check to see if they're _sending_ flights, since the east coast is buried in snow. smiley - erm

Post 6875

Ballynac

Greetings from London. It's Tuesday 28th at 5pm. It's a grey damp sort of day. It's relatively mild, but kind of miserable at the same time. All of the snow has gone from the ground so everything has lost all its white prettiness!

Post 6876

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Meanwhile, here in Chicago, it's as if everyone else is getting all of our winter. We've had only a few lows below -20°C, and only around 18" total snow accumulation. It's a balmy -3° right now. And Friday, we're supposed to see highs as warm as 9°C! If not for the rain in the forecast (rain! in December!), I'd be opening windows for the day. smiley - weird

Post 6877

Reality Manipulator

30 December 2010 Belhus, Esssex 15:11

Cloudy skies along with a gentle haar. The temperature now is 6°C but with a chilling breeze, making it feel more like 3°C.

Post 6878

loonycat - run out of fizz

East Sussex, 30th December

Started of dry but cloudy. During the afternoon fog gradually appeared and had thickened quite heavily by the evening.

Post 6879

supersissi

Hi
Germany Bavaria 11.27

-3 cold, cloudy and depressing.smiley - erm
The Streets are slippery. I would like to go to ...
Is there someone from London? What's the weather there?
Friends of mine are visiting London now.

Post 6880

Ballynac

Hi from central London. It's mostly cloudy and overcast now, though it was sunny earlier this morning. There's a very light breeze, but it's dry for now anyway. The current temperature is about 5c.

It's Wednesday 5th at noon.

Key: Complain about this post