A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What's the weather doing where you are?

Post 6341

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

Dammit it, living on the south coast and by the see means no snow has settled and I am still in work even though virtually no one else seems to be.... grrrr.....

FB

Post 6342

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Marple, Stockport 1.20pm. Snowing again, over frozen snow. Should be fun getting to work later...

Post 6343

Reality Manipulator

It has been snowing on and off in Essex. It's snowing lightly to moderately now and some flakes have been quite big and remind me of falling dandruff.

Snow is also referred in some cultures as the old lady in the sky shaking her eiderdown.

15:32

Post 6344

Reality Manipulator

07 January 2010 06:52 Belhus, S.Ockendon, Thurrock, SW Essex, UK

Dark outside, and looks very frosty with clear skies. The top temperature now is -4°C and the top temperature today is going to be 2°C. Light winds coming from the NW but by 21:00 it will change direction to NE.

Post 6345

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

the snow we said we where to get overnight again, didnt appear as of yet, but im still snowed in, no buses except the main roads, half mile in any direction to walk.
-
time is now 9-35am, on thursday the 6th of january,in bradford,yorkshire,uk, 2010(MMX) smiley - sheep J.H.D.

Post 6346

The H2G2 Editors

The h2g2 team is back up to full affect today, having battled the not very considerable snows of London to get in to the office. The roofs of White City are covered in a thin layer of snow, but the paths are treacherously icy. Heard someone on the radio remarking that the nation is tottering around like Hercule Poirot at the moment, and that sums it up perfectly.

Post 6347

Moving On

Herne Bay Kent 6.1.10 10.40am

More snowsmiley - snowball -we've had snow, even on the beach for the last 3 or 4 days...and now it's snowing some more

Post 6348

childoftheseventies2

Since I last posted, we've had more snow.. I haven't been out today, but my brother said that due to snow falling on ice, it's a bit of a 'mare to get around smiley - erm. Nice thing to look forward to when going to work tomorrow!
smiley - cheers
Childoftheseventies2

Post 6349

Smudger879n

Its still snowing here in Fife, but just small scattered showers. This winter reminds me of the ones we had when I was a nipper, as Ive seen it snowing right up until May!!

We all had a white Christmas, but we are becoming to get sick of the snow nowsmiley - erm

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 6350

Moving On

Herne Bay Kent 8.1.10
8.45am

Yet more snow.

Another 2 or 3 inches worth fell overnight, and going by the sky and the continual whirling haze of dry powdery snow going past the windows, I reckon we're in for a complete day of it, with another few inches today.

Post 6351

hi all
-
no new snow, as the forecaster said, so thats two nights, they got it wrong for my area of yorkshire, but could mean anytime in the next few days the missing snow will hit us with a vengence.
-
time is now, 9-25am, on friday the 8th of january,in bradford, yorkshire,uk, 2010(MMX> smiley - sheep J.H.D.

Post 6352

Reality Manipulator

09 January 2010 11:15 Belhus, S.Ockendon, Thurrock, SW Essex, UK

It was sunny about half an hour ago, then after my neighbour started playing Little Boots tracks from a cd, the sun disappeared and it has clouded over. It looks like there will be some snow.

The temperature now is 1 °C and the wind speeds are 22 mph NNE with gusts of 37 mph.

Post 6353

shagbark

In Michigan the sun is not up yet (8AM Eastern Standard Time)
The snow has stopped (about 6 inches) and so cold my car won't start.

Post 6354

Victibs

09/01/2010 15:58hrs, Braintree, Essex,UK

-1C, Quite a lot of fine snow falling.
Hope it stop with in the next hour as i have to walk home from work smiley - erm

Post 6355

hi all
-
no snow for 24 hrs, is it the beginning of the thaw,the roofs across from me, are starting to show patches without snow.
-
time is now, 9-50am, on sunday the 10th of january, in bradford,yorkshire,uk, 2010(MMX) smiley - sheep J.H.D.

Post 6356

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Marple, Stockport, Snake Pass still closed, more snow on the way (apparently)

It looks very pretty, but please stop now! smiley - wah

Post 6357

KWDave

Key West, Florida, 10 Jan 2010, 0930 EST
It snowed and sleeted at Disney World in Orlando yesterday for the first time ever. Our temperature is 44 degrees F, which ties the record low for Key West. The wind is out of the north at 30 knots, and that gives us a wind chill factor of 37. The forecast low for tonight is 37 degrees F, which will be an all-time record.

Did I mention that most houses do not have heat here?

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 6358

GreyBeard

Well, it's sunny, hot and 43C here in suburban Melbourne, Australia! Expected overnight minimum of 27C and a top on Tuesday of 36C. But it is mid Summer here!

Post 6359

Reality Manipulator

11 January 2010 06:57 Belhus, S.Ockendon, Thurrock, SW Essex, UK

Misty/cloudy skies and the temperature is a barmy 2°C and is forecasted to be sleeting by now but nothing has come and there could be light snow showers by 9:00. Accuracy of weather forecast 50/50 chance of happening. The wind speeds are 9 E and generally snow comes with N/NE winds.

Post 6360

hi all
-
the signs where there last night, the gritters about, and yep its been heavy snow overnight, and still snowing.
-
the time is now, 9-30am,on monday the 11th january,in bradford,yorkshire,uk, 2010(MMX) smiley - blacksheep J.H.D.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more