A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What's in your paste buffer?

Post 601

Sho - employed again!

Please forgive me not going through the past 133 posts, btw. There's nothing I'd like more, but I have a PGCE I need to finish.

Post 602

GreyDesk

Firstly can we please have a moments silence as a mark of respect towards Ormondroyd's beloved Bradford who were relegated this afternoon.

* bows head *
* pauses *
* blows whistle *

Right, on with the game. And don't worry Ormy, things do get better a bit later on smiley - winkeye

Overall I feel that the scoring this week was fairly mediocre given that there were two extra games to pick from. True one of them was the SheffU game and the cyrse has struck again, you lot came over all polite as per usual and predicted that the Blades would get some points from it. As a result none of you got anything on that one.

As for the season so far, well it's beginning to look like a two horse race from here on. Owlatron and Sprout slipped up. Number Six used to be quite good at this game once, apparently. However, coming up from mid table are Otto and Ormondroyd, a past and current champion. Maybe they will come up with the goods in the final run in smiley - smiley

--------------

The Results:

Bradford 2-3 Wimbledon (KAMARA, Smith, Gray, Sanasy, Cadamarteri)

Crystal Palace 1-1 Wigan Athletic (ELLINGTON, Granville)

Nottingham Forest 2-2 Millwall (LIVERMORE, Reid, Johnson, Chadwick)

Rotherham Utd 1-1 Watford (BUTLER, Dyer)

Sheffield Utd 0-1 Stoke City (CLARKE)

West Ham 2-0 Coventry (ZAMORA, Connolly)

Derby County 5-1 Preston North End (MANEL, Tudgay, Mawene, Junior)

--------------

The Points:

Ormondroyd - 13 points (Bradford result & scorer; Forest result; Rotherham scorer & 1st scorer; West Ham result, scorer & 1st scorer; Derby result)

me[Andy]g - 13 points (Palace full house smiley - bubbly ; Forest result & score; Rotherham result & score; Derby result)

Otto Fisch - 12 points (Palace result; Forest result & scorer; Rotherham scorer & 1st scorer; West Ham full house smiley - bubbly )

todd_abraham87 - 12 points (Palace scorer & 1st scorer; Forest result & score; Rotherham result & score; West Ham result; Derby result)

WILD BIRIYANI - 12 points (Palace scorer & 1st scorer; Forest result; Rotherham result & score; West Ham result & score; Derby result)

Egon - 11 points (Bradford scorer; Palace scorer & 1st scorer; Rotherham result; West Ham result, scorer & 1st scorer; Derby result)

Psycorp603 - 11 points (Palace scorer & 1st scorer; Rotherham result; West Ham full house smiley - bubbly ; Derby result)

Bottletop - 7 points (Palace result & score; Forest scorer; Rotherham scorer; West Ham result)

Number Six - 7 points (Palace result & score; West Ham result; Derby result)

Robin - 6 points (Bradford result; West Ham result; Derby result)

sprout - 6 points (Palace scorer & 1st scorer; Forest result; West Ham scorer & 1st scorer)

creachy - 5 points (Rotherham result & score; West Ham result)

GreyDesk - 4 points (Rotherham result; Derby result)

Owlatron - 4 points (Palace scorer & 1st scorer; West Ham result)

McKay The Disorganised - smiley - burger all (again!)

---------------

See Ormy. I did say things get a bit better further down this posting. You've won alongside me[Andy]g. Well done the pair of you smiley - cheers

Post 603

Witty Ditty

http://www.yoxio.com/img/31878.jpg

Post 604

Saturnine

"I ask that neither Della and Maths wizard continue to be harrased and tormented by blickybadger and Member and they're pop-up friends and apologisers eg satinurine."

Post 605

E G Mel

in the UK existing laws are sufficiently flexible to encompass on-line stalking and e-mail harassment. A person sending offensive or threatening messages may, for example, commit an offence under the Telecommunications Act 1984 section 43 which makes it an offence to send by means of a public telecommunications system a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character. The Protection from Harassment Act 1997 may also be invoked in cases of on-line harassment. This Act provides a combination of civil and criminal measures to deal with stalking. It creates two criminal offences, the summary offence of criminal harassment and an indictable offence involving fear of violence. Under section 2 it is an offence to pursue a course of conduct which amounts to the harassment of another where the accused knew or ought to have known that the course of conduct amounts to harassment. A person commits an offence under section 4 if he pursues a course of conduct which causes another to fear, on at least two occasions, that violence will be used against him. It is sufficient that the accused ought to have known that his course of conduct would cause the other to so fear on each of those occasions. Harassment includes alarm and distress but these terms are not defined in the Act; they are to be given their ordinary meaning. The range of behaviour covered by the Act is thus potentially extremely wide. The sending of abusive, threatening e-mails or the posting of offensive material would constitute an offence under section 2 of the Act as long as it amounts to a course of conduct (for example, more than one e-mail must be sent) and the offender knew or ought to have known that his conduct amounted to harassment.

The use of these laws will, however, be necessarily limited to relatively straightforward cases of an identifiable offender sending obscene, offensive or threatening e-mails within the UK. This is because of the unique enforcement problems involved in the legal regulation of the Internet. The Protection from Harassment Act 1997 may not, for example, avail the victim of on-line harassment when the offender is outside the UK or if the offender chooses to remain anonymous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I suppose I can get away with that one! no email addresses or confidential work information!

Mel smiley - hsif

Post 606

niteboy

All I do is miss you, and the way we used to be.
All I do is keep the beat, and the bad company.
All I do is kiss you through the bars of a rhyme.
Juliet, I'd do the stars with you, anytime.
- Romeo and Juliet (1980)

Post 607

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Post 608

The H2G2 Wilde Awards

See new thread 'AWE Nominations for May 2004 ~ '
F86994?thread=416544

Post 609

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

smiley - spacesmiley - spaceLa la la la la smiley - boing confuse confuse
smiley - spacesmiley - spaceLa la la la la smiley - boing confuse confuse

Post 610

GreyDesk

Reverend David Trosch

Post 611

C Hawke

Keynote speakers

Corporate Social Responsibility - Digby Jones

Can the Environment ever be an Economic Driver? - Jonathon Porritt

Post 612

E G Mel

http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/rbf/HIPR2/contrastdemo.htm

Mel smiley - hsif

Post 613

Saturnine

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0504044oprah1.html

Post 614

niteboy

flatulence

Post 615

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

http://www.frogpad.com/store/affiliate.asp?id=pheloxi

Post 616

C Hawke

Webmail Question: What is the difference between IMAP and POP3?

Post 617

Rojo Habe (48-1+2-7)

Natrix Tessellata

Post 618

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Dear Beta Tester,

Welcome to the first Release Candidate of Beyond Media 1.0! We have been busy fixing the bugs and enhancing our product as a direct result of all of your great testing. Thanks for your participation in the beta program thus far. We are nearing completion of the product and you deserve a lot of the credit for making the product what it is today. Enjoy!!

This release has some special instructions to test out the trial version of Beyond Media. Be sure you read the instructions below.

Special instructions: How Do I Get the New Version?

Note: Since this is a beta version of the software, we ask you to uninstall any previous versions of Beyond Media before installing the latest beta. Feel free to back-up any skin or configuration changes you’ve made and apply them to the newly installed files. Be aware that there have been some skinning architecture changes that may change the way your skin looks and operates with Beyond Media.

1. Login to the beta program web site at: http://betaprogram.snapstream.com
2. Download the latest version of Beyond Media
3. Uninstall the previous beta (don’t forget to back up any skins and/or plug-ins that you may have been working on)
4. Install the latest beta in trial mode (note: your previous product key will no longer work with Beyond Media)

Please install and try the software in trial mode. Trial mode will allow you to use the software for 21 days. After that point in time, you will need to purchase the software to continue using it. From a functionality perspective, we will not be shipping DVD decoders with trial mode. For this beta release, we will not be shipping DVD decoders at all (trial or paid). See the DVD notes below.

To “buy” the full version of the software and obtain a valid product key, use any of the “Buy Now…” links presented to you while you are in trial mode. Fill out the purchase form and use the following credit card number and expiration date to complete the purchase:

Address: 123 Sesame St
City: Chicago
State: IL
Zip: 00001
Credit Card Number: 5105105105105100
Expiration Date: 10/2005

Once you have purchased the software, Beyond Media will automatically detect that you are in paid mode and all trial messages should disappear. Please report any issues with the purchase process and/or store sites to the Beta Program.

DVD Notes

This version of Beyond Media does not include the DVD filter that will ship with the released product. You will still need to use your own DVD decoder to watch DVDs. Users in trial mode will not be able to watch DVDs at all, even with an installed decoder.

How Can I Find Out More?

For more details please read the Beyond Media 1.0 Release Candidate 1 Release Notes.

New features

Download and install the new version today to enjoy the following new features/fixes:

* Renamed most of the core interfaces and objects (applies to skins and plug-ins)
* Fixed some inefficiencies in several of the music screens
* Fixed some incompatibilities with older versions of the Firefly software
* Refined the media searching algorithms
* Made some improvements and fixed some bugs in both Trial and Post-Trial modes' behaviors
* Made some improvements and fixed some bugs in the Weather Plug-in
* Fixed various minor bugs.

We Still Need Your Feedback!

Please make sure to properly report all bugs using the SnapStream Beta Program

In addition, be sure to visit our Beyond Media Beta Forums and tell us what you think about our application and how easy it is to use.

The Beyond Media Team

Post 619

Sho - employed again!

but they really do have a word for fluffy

Post 620

C Hawke

SWAccounts1.zip

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more