A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What's in your paste buffer?

Post 241

C Hawke

http://www.swo.org.uk/barometer/index.asp

Post 242

Ythika the purple giraffe - Minister for Unusual Musical Instruments

By Master B's standards, Keanu Reeves, Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp seem to be 'old' people...

Azara

(38, 39 and 40 respectively )

Read the First Reply to this Posting

Subject: Crushes on 'old' people
Posted Yesterday by Saturnine
This is a reply to this Posting Posting 53

Well, technically, they are.

I think it's easy to forget that movie stars AGE.

Mmm. All three are, indeed, gorgeous men...by the way...

*A bit of a whinge really - from a hootoo addictsmiley - biggrin

Post 243

Ek* this space intentionally left blank *ki

"Hello? We're your new neighbours. Don't be alarmed, we're negroes."

Post 244

Mu Beta

Hmm...Ekki's paste buffer appears to be living in a poor 70s sitcom. smiley - biggrin

B

Post 245

Ek* this space intentionally left blank *ki

Best place for it Master B ... smiley - biggrin

Post 246

turvy (Fetch me my trousers Geoffrey...)

http://www.courtservice.gov.uk/Judgments.do

A link for the Tony Martin thread.

turvy

Post 247

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why
I'm a rough boy, I'm a rough boy.

smiley - shark

Post 248

Mu Beta

Yeah, we know. But what's in you paste buffer?

B

Post 249

Beatrice

OK, Ekki's may be in the 70s.

I've just been shuffling my SIMcards, and found this outgoing message:

"So is Ken Branagh going to be Gilderoy Lockhart in the new HP then?"

which dates it rather accurately.smiley - blush

Post 250

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3095865.stm

A peculiar news story, picked up from www.neilgaiman.com for some reason...

David - finally able to post to this thread. Tried once before and found that I would have been pasting some personal info about a colleague (including their home e-mail address!)

Post 251

Ian the GM

XS restaurant

Post 252

Sho - employed again!

6. Near the end of Life of Pi, Pi and Richard Parker come ashore on a free-floating island comprised entirely of algae and inhabited only by many, many meerkats. Why does Pi decide to leave the island? What is the significance of this story? Is there a difference between survival and life?

Post 253

NMcCoy (attempting to standardize my username across the Internet. Formerly known as Twinkle.)

files

Post 254

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

A703126

ooops look like goodwill plug, but realy had it my buffer!

Post 255

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

If you knew how I long
For you now that you're gone
You'd grow wings and fly
Home to me
Home tonight
And in the morning sun

Let's pretend we're bunny rabbits
Let's do it all day long
Let abbots, Babbitts and Cabots
Say Mother Nature's wrong
And when we've had a couple'a'beers
We'll put on bunny suits
I long to nibble your ears
And do as bunnies do

Let's do it all day long
Rapidly becoming rabid
Singing little rabbit songs
I can keep it up all night
I can keep it up all day
Until we pass away

Hmm! I see my daughter has been having fun!

Incog.smiley - redwine

Post 256

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

So I put the kybosh on this conversation then?Story of my life.Or is it the invisibility thing again?Again part of my life.

Incog.smiley - bubbly

Post 257

Sierra Indigo - now Cheesecakethulhu flavoured

And yet I can't keep away...*G*

:stifles a snicker and shakes its head, picking up a random magazine and leafing through it "Mmm. How to recycle your retards. Ten easy projects to use on those bereft of intelligence..."

Post 258

Saturnine

smiley - wow Was I the only person here quoted? Does that make me famous?

It didn't really have a name, and was like the inner workings of a computer. The core, the software, the wires, the lights, the exterior. He received snatches of information, overheard conversations. Occasionally someone talked to him, told him a few things, but really, he was out there on his own. And he was completely out of his depths.

(Guess who's working on her book tonight!?)

smiley - smiley

Post 259

NMcCoy (attempting to standardize my username across the Internet. Formerly known as Twinkle.)

retroactively

[That was my middle mouse button. It autocopies anything I highlight, and then pastes it when I click the middle button. My Ctrl-V is this:]

Do green rupees taste like limestone?

[No, I'm not explaining that. Figure it out yourself smiley - tongueout]

Post 260

Sierra Indigo - now Cheesecakethulhu flavoured

Firefly, as it's been mentioned over and over again, is not teen material...it's adult material...and then some. And since others have gone to the trouble to describe the plot and point out there are graphic scenes regarding child abuse...let me clarify that for you: the scene in question involves a child (under 10) having sex with an adult male (30's). This scene is not written from the perspective of a horrible thing having happened. And it is not just "graphic," it is explicit down to every last detail of the encounter and horrifyingly enough, it is written from the viewpoint of eroticism. Anthony shallowly does his little disclaimer saying that this child didn't understand love in any other way...but we're to see these two as a couple tragically seperated. We're to see the child as a lusty nymphomaniac who talked the adult into the situation and instigates it. It might be said I'm missing the point that Anthony was trying to make -that the child's perspective was damaged by abuse into equating all things sexual with love - but if there was a good "cause" there, he blew it by writing it out like a [poor quality] story in penthouse letters. It comes across as though we're to see molestation from a different perspective...that the child might instigate it and that sometimes it's "not the adult's fault, after all, he did ask her if she was 'sure.'"

smiley - bigeyes Hmm. I was copying & pasting parts of that from Amazon to use in another conversation...

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more