A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Star Wars - Jedi's

Post 1

Random Error 42

In the Star Wars universe, can women become Jedi's?

Star Wars - Jedi's

Post 2

Charlie.Boy

No. 's common sense isn't it.

Star Wars - Jedi's

Post 3

Sorcerer

I'm sure they could - if they had the same physical abilities as the men

Star Wars - Jedi's

Post 4

Top Cat

Can women become Jedi's whats? - you didn't finish your sentence.

Star Wars - Jedi's

Post 5

Sorcerer

For that matter, and the same mental capabilities. There has been research which has shown that men have brains 15% bigger than women. All this stuff which "says" that women are smarter is based on the western educational system which is biased toward girls.

Jedi girls

Post 6

DelphicOracle

Apparently, yes. If you look very closely at the members of the Jedi Council in "Phantom Menace", a couple of them are women.

Admittedly, this is quite hard to verify from a seat in the stalls, but if you peruse "Star Wars Episode One: The Illustrated Dictionary" (available at a bookstore near you, there are photos of the whole council and their names.

Now tell me, is it acceptable practice to keep your lightsabre in your handbag?

Jedi girls

Post 7

Si

Would said sabres be smaller, pinker, more curvy LadySabre(tm) type things? Would girls who had their own, perfectly good LadySabres, insist on nicking off with their partners' Light Sabres 'cause "it just works better"? (Think shaver.)

Jedi girls

Post 8

DelphicOracle

Tee hee! But true enough. What respectable Jedi female is going to charge into battle brandishing something in pastel pink? Though I imagine it would also have that aloe vera strip thingy, so if you sliced your enemy in half, at least it would be tender on his delicate skin...

Female Jedi Knights

Post 9

Dandelion Pegleen

In the Star Wars Universe of the sequel spin-off books, Leia fulfils her destiny and also becomes a Jedi. What destiny?

Well, when Yoda and Ben are lamenting Luke's premature departure from Dagobah in "The Empire Strikes Back" - I believe the phrase "There is another" is uttered.

Leia then "hears" Luke's desperate "call", as he dangles at the bottom of Bespin, the Cloud City. This is NOT just twin telepathy...

And although the Ew*ks scarred "Return of the Jedi", when Luke is about to leave the Tree Village, he and Leia have a quiet discussion. Luke informs Leia that the Force is strong in his family - and in his SISTER!

Anyone has the potential to be a Jedi, regardless of gender, race, species, creed, proclivity. Obi-Wan said that the Force surrounds, penetrates & binds the Universe together. However, according to Qui-Gon Jinn, it helps to have those teeny-weeny midi-chlorians in your cells. The higher your blood count of midi-chlorians, the stronger the Force.

And yes, I confess, I am a wannabe Star Wars geek Jedi fangirl - would anybody like to make something of it? Say after me - outside if you're think you're hard enough - and don't forget your light saber! WOOHOO! smiley - bigeyes

Female Jedi Knights

Post 10

Charlie.Boy

To much fear you have to be a Jedi. Afraid of what others think you are. To old to complete the training bet I as well.

Female Jedi Knights

Post 11

Kallahan

In the spinoff books there are a lot of female jedi I have read most of the books (even the starwars cook book yes now the recipe for Wookie Cookies and yoda soda are shared to the world) My brother hoever has read All the starwars books some are pretty good too

Female Jedi Knights

Post 12

Cookieluck

When are we going to see the Spice Jedis? They could wear mini versions of the Jedi "space pajamas" look. Ginger Jedi must certainly work for the dark side

Jedi girls

Post 13

Researcher 54441

Kind of like an iSabre, then?

Tim

Female Jedi Knights

Post 14

Milmot

Female Jedi's would be the ultimate weapon in a Jedi vs Jedi situation. In Jedi society with the majority men, the female Jedi's would be distracting in saber battle.

Get a small group of elite female Jedi's not wearing much and very tight fitting and send them in to kill Darth Sidious/Senator/Emeperor Palpatine. He would be to distracted to fight back in a lightsaber duel and to use his force powers.

The reason is that more male Jedi Knights is that not many females would be caught dead in those robes.

Female Jedi Knights

Post 15

Slarti Marty's evil and dumb side

Leia is LukeĀ“s SISTER?!??

Female Jedi Knights

Post 16

Slarti Marty's evil and dumb side

Hey, I like that whole Jedi Geishas idea...

Female Jedi Knights

Post 17

Sayra

Duh! Yes. His twin!

Jedi Geishas Unite!

Post 18

Dandelion Pegleen

I offer myself up as a volunteer to commence Jedi Geisha training. Me want my light saber and tight Jedi Geisha costume - can I wear face paint like Queen Amidala, too?! smiley - smiley

Female Jedi Knights

Post 19

Ploppy

I've notice on some of the merchandise around that Darth Maul's staff is a kind of pinky shade. Does this let us have an insight into the sexuality of the Dark Side? Does Lucas think that homosexuality is evil? Who know what international outcry may ensue? Personally, I get this image of Darth Maul saying, "Oh Boys, boys, come and look at my big pink stick. Ooer missus"

Female Jedi Knights

Post 20

Charlie.Boy

Well he did look a bit horny < drum fill >

Key: Complain about this post