A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Teflon coating

Post 1

Kallahan

Alright the Mother (or at least father) of all questions . here we go If teflon sticks to nothing how do they get teflon coated pots and pans and does it have anything to do with a good paair of trousers and vintige viniger??

Teflon coating

Post 2

Charlie.Boy

Probably not vintige vinegar. More likley to be vintage vinegar. Apart from that I have no idea whatsoever. Maybe they get mean looking dogs to growl at it for a while? On the other hand they probably don't stick it on at all and some day someone will have a nasty accident.

Teflon coating

Post 3

Kallahan

How about this question If an ordinary box has extra space does that mak the box extraordinary?
Probable has somthin to do with Vintage (I spelled it right) vinigar you know how "that" stuff is
P.S. Don't forget to fart smiley - winkeye

Teflon coating

Post 4

Xetilana

To put a non-stick substance on a pan
without it(the substance) falling off is to
put a sticky substance on the pan before
the teflon. Kind of like sticking tape between
a shiny poster and the wall.
For more info go here:
http://www.discovery.com/area/skinnyon/skinnyon970606/skinny1.html

What it has to do with vintage vinegar?
You clean the pan with vinegar before
you wash it???? I know it does wonders
for stains on the countertop...
uh, the vinegar, not the pan!

What is has to do with a good pair of trousers?
If you stick teflon on the trousers, I'm pretty
sure you won't have to worry about changing
trousers after eating breakfast!! Think coffee.

Teflon coating

Post 5

Charlie.Boy

Well done. You may have a doughnut.

Teflon coating

Post 6

Kallahan

You just don'y get IT do you? besides teflon "sticks to nothing" there fore it would not stick to tape or glue and you oblivously have no clue how "Vintage Vinigar" is do you? Paste smiley face Here

Teflon coating

Post 7

Buffalo Chips

Adding to the teflon confusion....what is teflon, and where do they grow it? Also, if you made a ski slope of Telfon, and had skis made of teflon, how fast would you go, and would it matter when you attempted to stop at the bottom?

Teflon coating

Post 8

Anonymouse

Does friction stick to non-stick coating? smiley - winkeye

Teflon coating

Post 9

Kallahan

Umm I'n not sure about friction but if nothing sticks to it it could be frictionless or at least pretty close
I'd still be wary about that bedamned vinigar

Teflon coating

Post 10

Anonymouse

I dunno... Let's soak this fork in vinegar and test this theory... smiley - winkeye

Teflon coating

Post 11

Icarus

In answer to "where does teflon come from?", the answer is simple: nerve gas. You're probably thinking "What? Nerve gas?! You're kidding!" or something to that effect. However, I'm dead serious. Teflon was discovered by accident clinging (that's right, Teflon isn't completely non-stick) to the inside of old nerve gas canisters. It is a specific kind of nerve gas which is no longer used, as the military has discovered more effective ways of making large numbers of people die horribly in an expedient fashion. Don't open up old canisters of nerve gas and look for Teflon, only a small portion turns into Teflon. The rest of the canister still contains nerve gas. Now, of course, they have a slightly less hazardous method of producing it, but that's where it comes from. Don't believe me? Look it up.

Teflon coating

Post 12

Kallahan

The one thing I can't stand (and pyhsisits will agree) is a smart ass of couse that means I can't stand myself (and I can't) Must be that
vintage vinigar sneeking up on me again AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH it got me the vinigar got me ohh well. Nice job though was that on connections?? a very good show by the way

Teflon coating

Post 13

Xetilana

If I were you I would probably might want to get a
restraining order against that psychotic vinegar in
case of future attacks. smiley - smiley

Teflon coating

Post 14

Krow

Teflon is stuck to the pans under great pressure - its a bit like banginf a nail into a lump of wood. Or something. Anyway, I saw that years ago on 'Jonny Ball Reveals All', so it must be true.

Teflon coating

Post 15

Charlie.Boy

Thats a bit like TVP - textured vegatable protien - that all those veggies use instead of meat. This bloke, god knows who he was, was trying to make a cheap alternative to leather for car seats and came up with this. After a night on the vintage vinegar someone must have suggested that they pour boiling water over it and then eat it. And they must have had a lot of vintage vinegar and left their sensible pairs of trousers at home beacuse they thought it was nice! Oh well such is the life of a vinegar junkie...

smiley - winkeye

Teflon coating

Post 16

Anonymouse

I fail to see the similarity... Is teflon pointed? (not the surface to which it adheres, now)

Teflon coating

Post 17

Icarus

That wasn't on Connections as far as I know, although I do watch it. It was told to me by my father, and I have long since quit looking up the things he says as he's always right whenever I bother to check.

Teflon coating

Post 18

Anonymouse

Heh.. Fathers tend to be like that. smiley - winkeye

Teflon coating

Post 19

Icarus

Irritating, isn't it?

Teflon coating

Post 20

Paul the Brake

Bit of useless information: Did you know in the days before teflon and stainless steel people had seperate fish knifes and forks cause the the taste af the fish would be in the mettle, the fish knifes & forks would be stuck in the ground to remove the taste of the previous fish dish. In the imortal words of Michael Caine "Not a lot of people know that"

Key: Complain about this post