A Conversation for Ask h2g2

white trousers in adverts for feminine hygine products

Post 101

Ross

I thought that was the purpose of them wing things that they keep wittering on about in those adverts - to stop towels from moving.

Of course if you are wearing your Bridget Jones big pants it might be them that moves rather than the towel.

Post 102

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

well wings are definately much better than no wings. but some types are simply the wrong shape for some bums and find in favour of not sticking to underwear at all and working loose at THE most inconvieniant moments.

Post 103

Ross

Lifes a bitch ..................

I think one of the earlier postings said if it was men who had periods ST's and tampons would be free was right - but also they would come in a range of shapes, sizes, thicknesses etc to fit all types of bums, occassions etc.

Post 104

Mina

Also - as Ben Elton once suggested - there would be blokes down the pub boasting about the state of their periods, and there'd be none of this taking handbags to the loo, it'd be shouted out across the room what they were doing! smiley - biggrin

Post 105

Ross

men............ dont you just love em.................................

Post 106

Kaz

sure do!

Post 107

well, the other day i saw taht they had invented the black panty liner, which is great if you are going somehwere with uv lights.

so why havent they invented the black sanitary towel?

uv lights!

Post 108

span(ner in the works) - check out The Forum A1146917 for some ace debate

we have them over here (NZ) - they have used all sorts of enchanting advertising material so i could hardly avoid them - however they are quite a bit more expensive

can you get biodegradable tampons overseas? i haven't looked very hard, but we don't seem to have them here...

span

Post 109

well, i wouldnt think people would need black ones every time, it's just if they happen to be going somewehre that uv lights are a distinct possibility

Post 110

Kaz

never thought of the effect of uv on towels?! smiley - yikes

Post 111

Mina

I think it's probably more to do with blokes looking up your skirt. Things have to be in the uv light to glow.

I don't see the point of black ones - bit difficult to tell what's going on I would have thought.

Post 112

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Linda, have you never seen a girl with a dark top on but with a white bra underneath glowing mysteriously thanks to the UV lamps? You can almost hear her thinking 'nobody will know that it doesn't match' as she was getting ready to go out...

It always used to make me laugh up until somebody pointed out that my freckles glow faintly in uv light smiley - biggrin

smiley - puffk

Post 113

Mina

I've never seen that... very odd. But let me assure you that last month when I was at the TG, my pants were not glowing - and believe me - I would not have been able to hide it if it was. smiley - winkeye

Post 114

Lady in a tree

Freckles glow in UV? I think that's smiley - cool! Have to check it out...

smiley - biggrin from a fellow freckled one!

Post 115

rentawitch

Have you seen the "Priceless" pic going round on e-mail.
Picture of two gorgeous girls in bikinis hanging on to some man
but one has Tampon! string hanging down her leg! Ooops!

Post 116

Kaz

Thanks Rentawitch for that image!!

I remember at school discos the uv making the white bras glow under dark tops. The girls would run around trying to hide. I would just look superior, afterall that teasing at school about small breasts, it meant that I didn't have to wear a bra and get embarrassed! In fact I've never worn one.

Post 117

i dont think i have a white bra....well, not one that fits anyway.

reminds me, i need to go to marks and spencer again soon. why does underwear always wear out when you havent got any money?

of course, i never have any money so that would always be true, but even so, it always seems to do it when i am particualrly broke.

Post 118

rentawitch

got to love the menopause!

I can go rollerblading anytime I like. In white trousers or not!

OH, NO, I can't, I forgot, I'm too old.

Post 119

a visitor to planet earth

Maybe another colour would do. I always liked the colour red.

Key: Complain about this post