It was a metaphor

Or a semaphore

Or a pinafore.

Or something. smiley - blush

Maybe I'm starting to channel 2Legs? smiley - laugh

cancel

Post 6703

Orcus

This has got me thinking about that their standard model of physics.

Now all baryons (protons and neutrons are the more common ones you may have heard of) consist of three types of quark. Up Down and Strange.

Now an increase in strangeness, might cause a problem in the balance of matter causing an implosion of reality.

However... there is a fourth type of quark....

Perhaps an increase in strangeness might result in a counterbalancing increase in Charm smiley - smiley

There's a nice thought for the day. smiley - ok

cancel

Post 6704

Orcus

(ignoring the 5th and sixth type of quark Top and Bottom of course)

Might be an increase in bottom too I suppose - provided it's pert - why not? smiley - winkeye

cancel

Post 6705

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

If I live long enough, do you think I'll see where these discoveries lead? smiley - huh

cancel

Post 6706

Baron Grim

Think of all the amazing developments you've already lived to see?

We have SUPERCOMPUTERS constantly connected to a WORLDWIDE NETWORK that we carry in our pockets. Nearly any bit of information available at a moments notice, in your hand. I'm not saying we use such amazing devices in a sensible way, but the potential is outstanding.

cancel

Post 6707

Yeah, and that computer connectivity isn't long for this world, judging from the many post-apocalyptic novels that have been written lately.

I say this on a website that has its mainframe computers three thousand miles away for me. smiley - erm

cancel

Post 6708

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

We are all quarks flowing through the giant galactic mainframe of conceptual reality then. Hmm. does that make me a strange quark or a bottom quark? smiley - alienfrownsmiley - handcuffs in addition to the up and down, is there a suction quark? smiley - zensmiley - erm

Its at times like this I wish I'd listened to all those things my Grandmother told me. - NO idea if they'd help of course, I obviously wasn't listening to them... smiley - alienfrown
so... you think nighthoover's a physicist? smiley - scientistsmiley - geek interesting,... smiley - ufo

cancel

Post 6709

2Legs, I don't know you well enough to say whether you are a strange quark. If your teeth resist decay in the face of strong force and electromagnetism, then that part of you probably *is* a strange quark.

Would you settle for being comprised of strange quarks, along with all the other kinds?

cancel

Post 6710

My teeth are rediculusly OK. I went to the dentist, about a year ago now... for the first time since.... my Mother probably took me smiley - laugh yeh…. about err 30 plus years ago smiley - snork and... asides where I'd just chipped a old tooth where an long ago missing filling had weakened it, they're all, apparently OK. - my dentist says its the pies and bacon that have saved my teeth... - I eat nothing sweet cept some fruit smiley - huhsmiley - shrug

I wonder what nighthoover's teeth are like? smiley - weird

cancel

Post 6711

There's a teeth-cleaning system that uses a vacuum
http://patents.google.com/patent/US4991570A/en

cancel

Post 6712

Orcus

>"Err. I'm not!" [orcus]

It was a metaphor

Or a semaphore

Or a pinafore.

Or something. blush <

err... it was a quote from Monty Python. smiley - winkeye

Brian: You are all individuals!

Crowd in Unison? "Yes, we are all individuals"

Lone voice: "er... I'm not"

Comedy at its best smiley - smiley

cancel

Post 6713

I love that quote! smiley - ok

Thanks for sharing.

cancel

Post 6714

"so I got stuck here then" is another good quote. I want it on my gravestone smiley - zen

I thought we had discovered nighthoover Saturday night.

William and I left the house, to walk to the pub, and, mere meters (or feet, or cubic scapoids if you prefer) from our front door we encountered a very lost, odd looking chap....
We asked him if he was lost... and he said 'yes".
We then proceded to take him miles out of our way, to an obscure air B&B, in 'the old bakery' smiley - huh - odd indeed.

However, he turned out to be an accountant from Northhampton and claimed to know nothing of 'nighthoover'.

However, in hindsight... is not denying knowledge of 'nighthoover', and de facto denying he was nighthoover, just the kind of thing nighthoover might do?

Luckily we still got to the pub with time to spare, and so I got smiley - alesmiley - zen luckily on the way home we did not meet the one armed man from Norwich, or the Hungarian Tonto/Todor smiley - erm heck, we didn't even meet Disco Kenny smiley - discosmiley - weirdsmiley - ale

cancel

Post 6715

Kindly explain to me why a one-armed man would be a problem, except to himself? Most of us have two arms, but the one-armed man has only half of the capacity to do harm.

cancel

Post 6716

Also, my understanding of Disco Kenny is that you aren't likely to encounter him unless you're on or near King Street. Were you near King Street?

cancel

Post 6717

Very close to King Street, in the back-streets smiley - yikes in one of his favorite pubs smiley - yikes - the only problem with the one-armed man, was that he claimed to know me... which he didn't... and carried on as if he was some kind of very well known friend smiley - huh I think the missing arm was the least of his problems smiley - yikes no todau last night, but a girl in a doorway did tell us how she'd encountered a pink large fluffy sheep in the town center. and that it was a unfriendly sheep smiley - huhsmiley - weird that was last night mind... smiley - ufo if only nighthoover was here to help understand such things smiley - zen

cancel

Post 6718

I would rather have Nighthoover than a fierce pink sheep.

But at the top of my list is a cherry pastry. smiley - drool

cancel

Post 6719

the scarey pink sheep, sounded angry...…. Well the 'lady' talking of it, seemed somewhat.... agressive/out of it smiley - weird

smiley - zen I often wonder what nighthoover would make of pastrys…. maybe we will never know smiley - porkpie

cancel

Post 6720

I expect that Nighthoover would inhale them quickly.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more