A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Bananas and nighthoover

Post 3141

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Yeh; but in an artistic way, the complete 'screwing up of the detective', lays open the part three; where we 'rebuild' the detective, in to something more, than he ever was, yet, as much as he ever could be smiley - biggrinsmiley - laughsmiley - boingsmiley - biggrin I think in the third part he should start 'taking control' of the situeations, and getting to grip with his life and the attacks from guitarists and saxophinists smiley - laughsmiley - boingsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - run

nighthooveringtonianabilityness

Post 3142

Baron Grim

5 weeks ago...

no new posts...

Look at all the dust on ths skirting boards.

cobwebs in the corners...

Dust bunnies, herds fo dustbunnies...

Aging typos compounding and growing larger and more important...

gigantinc dust rhinoceroseses roaming freely from hall to den trhreatining to knock over the hutch.

the credenza is grey with all the dust.

dustmites orgainising new dustmite societies and religions...

They worship the spiders in the corners oft he room.

And all is loess blown up from the river below and throough the window neglectfully left open weeks ago.

Kipple is increasing unless accted upon by an sortening fource.

echoes of hollow abandonment do their echoing thingy down the halways echoing on and on and on and...

smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space(nighthoover)

Post 3143

Baconlefeets

Like an echo on a distant breeze....

Post 3144

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Like an echo on a distant breeze....
Or the transit of Venus.
smiley - planet

>> Kipple is increasing unless accted upon by an sortening fource. <<

Kipling was never a Hooverian. Had hair like Tarzan, walked like Jane and smelled like Cheeta.

smiley - biggrin
~jwf~

Post 3145

Orcus

Kipling was never a Hooverian. Had hair like Tarzan, walked like Jane and smelled like Cheeta.

smiley - wow
What a coincidence for I smell like Cheetah, walk like Tarzan and have hair like Jane!
smiley - zen

Post 3146

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I smell like Jane (but only when I get out of the bath), walk like Tarzan (if he was being played by John Wayne) and have hair like Cheetah, just less of it. smiley - blue

Post 3147

Baconlefeets

Stop this petty arguing over who smells most like Tarzan and who looks like a cheetah!

You must remember that Nighthoover is the jungle and we must all live in peace within it's most wonderous surroundingssmiley - zen

Post 3148

logicus tracticus philosophicus

smiley - bigeyesand i like janes smell smiley - blushbut when she gets out of the bath the tastes is better

Post 3149

Baron Grim

I walk like John Wayne but only after about 7 Younger's Tartan Specials.

We'hell.

After 8 I do the toddler walk.

Post 3150

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

I like the new thread subject line.
"nighthooveringtonianabilityness"
For a while I wasn't sure what it meant but now I see it refers to the diminishing of any ability to walk, talk, etc. when one has been out all night hoovering bevvies.
smiley - cheers
~jwf~

Post 3151

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Unsubstantiated rumour:

Peta Haigh (U24) *is* Nighthoover!

Evidence:

Out-of-context-quote from her personal space - "...going out into the wee hours bopping with friends. Or doing the hoovering."

smiley - wowsmiley - grovelsmiley - zen

Post 3152

Baron Grim

Ooh... we need a good conspiracy theory.

I say we run with it. I know JFK and Elvis are somehow connected. And the IMF.smiley - yikes

Post 3153

And so It came to pass.
First to the right then to the left, it passed along.
Forever passing.
Forever it passed and in passing it passed, and lo, so it came to pass again.
From when it passed again it came to pass again.
And as it came to pass it came to pass and it was a consparacy of a magnitude hitherto unknown by the peoples of this area, but destined to take the place of the mudshark in your mythology.
and lo it came to pass again. smiley - zen nighthoover, after discovering the scandle at the IMF, was approched by two men one night, as nighthoover was about to begin nighthoovering. The men said they were from the government, but nighthoover did not fall for their cheap trick.
Casting aside teh chrome ladel, and gathering up a generous handfull of dried muffin remnants, nighthoover proceded to dump these inside a shirt.
Turning to the men nighthoover spoke.
'You say you know me, you say your been sent to bring me in, but in the cold light of day the next morning the party was all over, you don't have to say you love me, just because you can'.
And, with that nighthoover confussed the two men sufficiently to facilitate escape.
Dashing down the alley besides the tall buildings of docklands run down post-industrial pims and lemmonade, nighthoover ducked inside a dim-light building and straight into the trap that went by the name of 'Pedro'.
and lo it came to pass.
nighthoover foun Elvis and JFK, also being held by the strange men in ill-fitting suits with non matching socks.

Post 3154

The Luggage (7 + 5 + 4) * 2 + 2 * 5 = 42

so this is that thread dedicated to the famous, or possibly infamous, nighthoover

cancel

Post 3155

clzoomer- a bit woobly

It may be. Then again it may not. Or it could be another entirely different thread that is dealing with things that the original did but with another entirely different title that is in fact the same word. There are others, and there are others that have nothing to do with this. Or anything else for that matter. Why do you ask?

cancel

Post 3156

The Luggage (7 + 5 + 4) * 2 + 2 * 5 = 42

people were mentioning the cancel thread in another thread and I asked what it was and they mentioned the great prophet nighthoover and of course I had to come take a look at this.

cancel

Post 3157

Baron Grim

Ok... everyone... look around you now...

Do you see nighthoover?

He's not in my room. smiley - sadface

cancel

Post 3158

nighthoover wasn't in teh corner shop this morning, or in my bedroom or in the front room or kitchen smiley - sadface

cancel

Post 3159

Orcus

Here ye, for the secong coming of his holiness the Nighthoover and the horsemen of the One True Bob will be heralded by the return on Greebo's H2IQ quiz...
The skies will turn beige, the oceans will shudder and icicles will form on all bodily dangly bits and hopefully Orcus will get a point.

Lettuce Spray smiley - zen

cancel

Post 3160

Oh yea, oh yea, and a thousand yea's oh yea, lettuce spray oh yea, mhrrily and fhrrily so o oh yea, and lettuce spry as the turn of the badger to the hoursemen of the one true bob arrive oh yea, and hey, oh hay, hay for the horses and courses for the morses, and oh yea, oh yea, to that great day, oh yea, mhrly and yea, oh yea, lettuce spry, oh yea, for the hey hay hey oh yea and bobble as the gumchee spreads mhrrily oh yea, lettuce spry oh yea, today that day oh yea, come what may, oh yea smiley - zen n i g h t h o o v e r n i g h t h o o v e r n i g h t h o o v e r n i g h t h o o v e r n i g h t h o o v e r n i g h t h o o v e r n i g h t h o o v e r smiley - zen we yea and say oh yea oh yea smiley - zen n
i
g
h
t
h
o
o
v
e
r

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more