A Conversation for Ask h2g2

(The Return of) What book are you reading at this time?

Post 1601

toybox

The book itself is very nice, with lovely pictures and so on. I'm quite fascinated by its contents (the universe and everything) but I find it rather hard to follow sometimes.

Post 1602

Sho - employed again!

Now reading Archangel by Robert Harris. Thought I'd give it a whirl because I liked Fatherland, and anything about the Soviet Union fascinates me.

Post 1603

dasilva

Darwin 3's in everybody!smiley - oksmiley - magicsmiley - cool

Post 1604

Little Mischief

Kushiel's Chosen by Jacqueline Carey, should be finished tonight or tomorrow afternoon, Forever by Pete Hamill in queue.

Post 1605

A Super Furry Animal

Just finished Raw Spirit by Iain Banks. Very droll, yet surprisingly informative too.

Post 1606

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Just finished Hot Shot by Charlotte Hughes, if you like Janet Evanovitch You'll like this as they have collaborated a couple of times

Post 1607

Ballynac

Currently on Gould's Book of Fish by Ruchard Flannagan. Quite bizarre but I'm gripped. I highly recommend it.

Post 1608

Jim Lynn

'One Hit Wonderland' by Tony Hawks.

Post 1609

Sho - employed again!

Finished Archangel (Most excellent) and am now starting Beowulf (in translation)

Post 1610

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Reading The Devil Wears Prada, a must for those who think they have the demanding boss from hell

Post 1611

Ballynac

Blessings by Anna Quindlen. If you like anything else by Quindlen, you'll love this.

Post 1612

kirriea

currently halfway thru' The Bible Code by Michael Drosnin. subject was interesting 2 me b4 i started the book, now i'm bored. i dont believe the theory and it is written badly. Recommendation: DONT BOTHER!

Post 1613

scrapy1(why not come to my cocktail bar at A2195364)

at this moment in time im trying to get back into reading books, the book which i am reading is terry pratchett and the hogfather smiley - smiley

Post 1614

Sho - employed again!

still reading Beowulf which I'm not enjoying, probably because i'm reading small bits at a time.

Bedtime reading is another go through Northern Lights, to see if it makes a difference now knowing more about the author and the other two novels.

So far, it's fab.

Post 1615

dasilva

FInally got "Eats Shoots and Leaves" back off my colleague who walked off with it the day I bought it! smiley - laugh

Post 1616

A Super Furry Animal

Now I'm waiting for His Dark Materials for Xmas.

Who mentioned Gould's Book Of Fish? I want to know more about this book before I buy. Also, anyone read A Few Short Notes On Tropical Butterflies?

Post 1617

dasilva

Heard about the Flutterbys, not read it though.

Post 1618

Foggy (and a little gloomy too)

I'm reading George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones, which is pretty interesting so far, and Flora Thomson's Lark Rise to Candleford, which I think I started sometime in the summer but am in no hurry to finish since it ain't got no plot smiley - erm

Post 1619

Little Mischief

Received 'Don't Panic' by Neil Gaiman for Christmas, started it last night.

Post 1620

A Super Furry Animal

Just started The Amber Spyglass, having read Northern lights and The Subtle Knife over Christmas. Thoroughly gripping stuff! Knocks that Rowling woman into a cocked hat!

Key: Complain about this post