A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What drives you absolutely spare?

Post 101

Zak T Duck

Emotional blackmail. *you know who you are!*

Post 102

MaW

Going somewhere to do something where everybody seems to know where they're going and what they need to do to do the thing (whatever it may be) but you don't and there's no obvious way to get help.

Post 103

Zak T Duck

I agree, that one is even more irritating than emotional blackmail

Post 104

Courtney Patron Saint of Social Embarassment

my car flooding when it rains. (I hate noreasters) when someone finishes the coffe at work and leaves the pot on and empty.

Post 105

TjabaTjenaHallo

people in the queues in supermarkets who don't even get their
money / creditcards out until they are told what the total is.

The difficulty of obtaining firearms to deal with aforementioned
problem

Post 106

Deano (Keeper of lemonade)

I'm a volunteer for Barnardos and have been for nearly four years now. The most infuriating thing in the whole world is when you ask parents *very nicely* to please send their child to play scheme with a packed lunch ie sandwiches so that we can take the group out. So what do they do? Send a tin of spaghetti shapes. What the bleep are we supposed to do with a tin in the middle of Blackpool Pleasure Beach??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Post 107

MaW

They really do that? Wow... that'd drive me nuts as well.

Post 108

Little Behemoth (sulking)

Actually, you saying that you volunteered reminded me of when I was a volunteer for SCOPE and the thing that I really, really REALLY hate is the people that go into charity shops and shoplift from them - I caught a man trying to steal a 50p record once.. *sighs* What is up with those people????

Little B. smiley - elf

Post 109

Orcus

You serious? smiley - steam That's one of the lowest things I've ever heard of smiley - cross.

Post 110

I'm totally serious.. I know.. I couldn't believe it when it happened the first time I was there. I once chased a well-dressed man to his car and marched him back into the shop because he had run off with a jacket (he said he was just going to get his wallet...pfft.. what? across the road and whilst ripping the price tags out of it and hiding it under your jumper?) and another time I had ages making a lovely window display and within ten minutes someone had legged it with one of the dresses. I mean the volunteers in these places try their hardest, but there's only so many people you can watch at one time.. grrr.. I'm getting angry just thinking about it again..smiley - grr

*wanders off to lie down in a dark place*

Little B. smiley - elf

Post 111

FG

Wet door handles in a public bathroom.

Childproof caps.

People who use their cell phones while driving, in a theater, or in a restaurant.

Post 112

Urgh... wet handles in a public bathroom? *shudders* Add to that people sneezing/coughing/eating loudly beside/behind you on any form of public transport...

smiley - elf

Post 113

MaW

Drunken people shouting "wazzuuuuuuup!" at each other right outside my door at 3am. I really, really can't wait to live out next year!

Post 114

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Pensioners who go shopping on a Saturday morning when they have ALL week to go shopping and I only have one day which just happens to be Saturday.I mean who wants to go shoppping on a Saturday with all the pensioners hanging about standing for hours in front of where you want to get at in the display cabinets.I know they want to take their time getting bargains and making their meagre pensions go further but NOT ON A SATURDAY please.Try the rest of the week.
I also get annoyed at the people who hang about in the Saturday Market when all I want to do is get to the b****y bank to organise finances(the overdraft)but I can't walk in a damned straight line 'cos everyone is milling around.

Post 115

?

People who won't let you get off the subway before they get in.
People who are in no hurry to get off the subway when you need to get in.

Post 116

You can call me TC

How could I forget. People who take babies to classical concerts or the theatre.

They don't have to take babies - coughing is bad enough. Why do they have to cough at the quietest bits?

Post 117

?

Talking about babies: people who take babies in enormous prams on the subway (see above) during rush hours, especially when you've just cleaned your shoes (they're bound to roll over them).

Post 118

Sho - employed again!

I hate the person who sits next to me and obviously wants to cough and makes all these elaborate and unnecessarily obvious attempts not to - just so I can see how considerate he's being.

People in lifts. All of them, but especially the ones who stand at the back, and then just as the door is closing shout - "I have to get out here" (I run over their feet with my pram)

Post 119

Spaceechik, Typomancer

When I go to the grocery store and every other person (and their child!) is talking to someone about their shopping progress on cell phones!...." No, I got the steak instead... there's three people ahead of me... did you pick up the cleaning?...." I'll bet when they get home, they all sit in front of the TV just so they won't have to talk to each other!

Post 120

Sho - employed again!

And people with two good legs who fill up the only titchy lift in the department store so the people who have prams and can't get up to the baby changing place on the 105th floor and have a wet stinky shrieking baby that everyone is glowering at can't get in.

Key: Complain about this post