A Conversation for Watford, Hertfordshire, UK

No Subject

Post 1

shazzPRME

.....and has some great schools!! I personally went to *Watford Technical High School*..which was good for all Tech-minded individuals.....but not a lot of help for a budding musician like myself!I had to go there because my brother went there......it was an ok school.....it backed on to an American school..is that still there I wonder......and was right next door to *The Royal Masonic School for Boys*.......just the sort of place to situate next to a school seething with adolescent females!!!The name of the school is probably a little misleading as it was actually situated in *Bushey*
shazz smiley - winkeye

Bushey

Post 2

Garfield formerly known as Sandmaennchen

Bushey is nice - much nicer than Watford. It also is the proud home town of George Michael. Proud ????
Nice place to visit for antiques, little cute cafe's and restaurants....

Bushey

Post 3

47318 - I am a number not a free man

And of course, Bushey (well Bushey Heath actually, but let's not nitpick) is the home of the Blockbusters store that wouldn't let Tom Cruise hire a video because he didn't have any ID... smiley - smiley

You can just imagine the scene - Tom shouting "ID...If you need ID, just look at all these videos...that's me, that is...", while Nicole was trying to fade into the background in embarassment!

AndyF

watford

Post 4

Aristotle

Nope, sorry, I live in it. watford is shite. If you dont work at kwik-fit, spend over 40% of your 'salary' on Lottery tickets, drink in Yates(!) or Ice-O-Bar or any of the other fine establishements watford has to 'offer' then you wont fit it. I dont.

watford

Post 5

Garfield formerly known as Sandmaennchen

What about L'Artiste - refreshing in it's Mediterranean atmosphere and always busy.

I don't like the town centre very much, but I do like a meal out in this place smiley - smiley

Watford

Post 6

47318 - I am a number not a free man

And I've just found out why the Watford Gap is known as the Watford Gap when its 100 miles from Watford...
Apparently there is a suburb of Northampton also called Watford, and the Watford Gap service station is located there, or the name comes from there not the Watford we all know and love...

...or something...
...who am I? Where am I...

AndyF
It's late and I should go home now...

watford

Post 7

Olli

Always busy is an understatement, I've never managed to get a table at L'Artiste and they don't accept bookings, looks like I'll just have to be content with eating in the Golders Green one

watford

Post 8

Jay

L'Artiste is a great restaurant. My friends and I ate there yesterday. And you can book tables - we do all the time.

They also have a great trick they do for birthdays. Tell the
manager that it is your friend's birthday and at some random
time the waiters will play "Happy Birthday" very loudly, turn
out the lights, run around the room banging huge pot lids and
then deposit a birthday cake in front of your friend. It is
very funny (if you are in a party mood).

But don't go there if you want a quiet meal.

Bushey

Post 9

Sparx

Er, didn't George Michael come from Radlett? My friends swear he did (but went to school in Bushey, along with Vinnie Jones).

Bushey

Post 10

GreyDesk

George definitely came from Radlett. It was the other one, Andrew, who came from Bushey.

How do I know? Well he lived in our road (Ashfield Avenue) and his Mum was my babysitter, now some 30+ years ago.

Watford

Post 11

Winter's Child

Is Truck King still in Watford?

It's a very long time since I was there

Key: Complain about this post