This is the Message Centre for Kiteman

Sherbet

Post 1

Etaoin Shrdlu

Hi ho! I was assigned to sub-edit your entry on how to make sherbet (A4175228) prior to inclusion in the Edited Guide. Great entry; I hardly touched it. The only major thing I'd like to clarify is the reason all utensils and ingredients must be dry. I'm assuming it's because the sherbet would begin to dissolve upon contact with liquid, and I took the liberty of adding a sentence to that effect in the fourth paragraph. You mentioned it later on, discussing flavorings, but I just wanted to move it up for clarity's sake. If you'd rather have it where it was, just let me know.

Anyway, just take a look at the edited text and let me know if there's anything you'd like to change before I submit it to the Editors. Thanks for the entry!

Sherbet

Post 2

Kiteman

That change is fine, Etaoin. Thanks for Editing it.

Sherbet

Post 3

Kiteman

Doh, I should have looked more closely -

Can the parts of the chemical equation:

Citric acid + bicarbonate of soda
↓
sodium citrate + water + carbon dioxide

all be centred instead of justified to the left?

Sherbet

Post 4

Etaoin Shrdlu

I'm not sure what's up with that - that's how it was in your original, as well as in the version you checked, so it certainly isn't your fault for not looking closely. The alignment must have been removed by the in-house Editors. I can't edit the article anymore, but I'll certainly ask them to have a look at it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sherbet

Post 5

Kiteman

Thanks.smiley - ok

Sherbet

Post 6

Etaoin Shrdlu

Word from the Italics is that alignment generally doesn't get used in the Edited Guide. I've asked that it be replaced with code that should put the chemical reaction all on one line, with an arrow pointing right instead of down.

Sherbet

Post 7

Kiteman

Yet again, thankyou. h2g2 would be a very different place without its hardworking editors.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Kiteman

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more