This is the Message Centre for Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

All I had to do, was click my shoe's - Nah! not me.

Post 1

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Right! Here we go – the Prof soaks it up – bad luck that is smiley - laugh!

bought and then delivered Friday 1/2/2008, I plug in and turn on, my new PC – fed up to the back teeth of XP and all the wipes and reinstalls, I decide to get it with vista on….. ARGH!

Does my new PC run sweet as a nut?

No way! That would be asking a miracle. From the word GO! It was acting
weird?? And in the first week, I started to hate vista. So much that after trying to work out what was wrong and the only conclusion I could come to – was a virtual reality hard drive, ie: the company I purchased it from had split the hard drive(160gig, in to two 80 gig) and made like a back up thingy. And it looked like it was conflicting with the err! real vista section.

So, new computer –one and half week old and yep! You guessed it – wipe out and reinstall.

I’m still smiling, interluded with the odd F or two.

Now does vista and my new computer run(showing 149gig) smiley - ok?

AW! Come on! You know ME better than that; lots of programs don’t run well/conform with vista, at which I download a
Freeware anti virus program, THAT says it’s compatible with vista, smiley - doh not with mine it doesn’t! – Crash! Freeze! And everything else that goes with those words.

Right! So! Yep! You guessed it – wipe out and reinstall.

Twice in 2 weeks, heading for a record or what! NOW DOES it run smiley - ok! Sounds like John Wayne "the hell it does". I hate vista – after two and a half weeks – smiley - cool eh!

What does the Prof do next? He says sod it! And goes online and chooses a reputable British telephone company and purchases windows xp pro again (£168.22) smiley - rofl. Mad impetuous fool that I am, of which it arrives 17/2/2008(see! Same year)
SO! I wipe vista off for the 3rd time and put the windows xp pro disc in and run.
Ooops! Does it run? Err! Screen says "don’t recognise disc"– put another windows disc in first…AH! Vista is higher than XP, so can’t downgrade – I know! I’ll put son’s XP disc in, when it comes to the part of entering serial number, I enters my "NEW" xp serial number(this should be ok, because I used my sons disc before and entered MY xp serial number, in case my disc was faulty) OH DEAR! "This number is invalid" ARGH! What the etc! etc! It’s a new xp pro disc etc, why ain’t it working????
This could be a cock up as to losing out on £168.22 on something I can’t use smiley - laugh!

(Notice! I’ve not mentioned Yorkshire tight arse yet!)

Time to get in touch with where I bought it from – email awayyyyy! Reply is, it’s a full windows xp pro retail - my reply! Ta! BUT! Can you tell me WHY it wain’t load and WHY the serial number comes up as invalid?? (err! This bit is done on my sons PC) Reply – we don’t have that information; try ringing technical services here etc.

Thinks! Just a moment while I put you on hold smiley - musicalnote and I’ll just pass you on to etc etc and I’ll put you on hold smiley - musicalnote. Ha! Sends email on another part of website and at the present moment, I’m waiting for reply and possible answer.

Unfortunately! Because I have opened/removed the shrink wrap and seal, plus used the disc, I am unable to return the disc anyway, and get a refund – as in £168.22

So! I could end up with a new windows xp pro and serial number, that’s no flaming good.
This is in no way getting me down, because it’s just tough sh and it is me! Don’t forget!

Back to start, I’ve now got vista back on the new computer smiley - laugh and depending what happens in the next half hour smiley - huh that’s Stingray.
Well! It’s ongoing,as to what happens next, but one way or the other I’ll find (with help from friends) how to use my "new windows xp pro disc"

And GET shut of vista – bah humbug! smiley - flustered

Today! Is now 22/02/2008(still same year and century) 3 weeks of total unambiguous fun, in which is of course, "normality" in the life of the Prof who, what ever is thrown at him – says "it’ll be rait"

keep onsmiley - smileying! life's only a bummer! if you let it have it's own way

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

Oh my, prof, that sounds awful. smiley - cuddle

smiley - goodluck with it all. smiley - ok

Post 3

scorp

It could only happen to you my friend!

Post 4

cheerful pessimist

Good Morning, nearly a lovely day, if one or two clouds dispersed and the sun came out and warmed up...and if I wasnt at woek...and if I had some money in my pocket..and had some friends to share it with...well, its almost one isnt it?

smiley - biggrin

Post 5

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi prof
-
as i said, i,ll stick with the cyber, and probs, i just get the boss, or move to another, lol
-
ive had my fair share in the past of the home pc with viruses, breakdowns, loss of files, and so on.
-
why did you get the xp pro. xp home would have done you just as well, and you could have registered. smiley - dragon jim

Post 6

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

* your pc is not working according as you expected go back to shop. ask some one make it run correctly. if they can than your house might be jinxed. if not get a replacement. as buyer you have the right to get working pc you paid for it.

* serial number is connect to the install disk, not individual person. you can not use one disc install and use another disc serial number to install.

* about xp pro disc:
- have you tried format your harddrive with xp pro?
- can you check if xp pro disc is faulty?
I think you check that on son's pc, but I am not sure. if it is faulty then you have right to your money back.

do not be stupid and get your right. too many do not follow through...

Post 7

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Exorcise the gremlin's Prof, it's the only explaination for your computer problems

Post 8

smurfles

I agree with phelox...i thinksmiley - headhurts
et it taken back,tell em you aren't satisfied,,it's no good,and check your guarantee!!
It might be a 28day return thingy...and that's nearly up according to my reckoning!!
smiley - goodluck

Post 9

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

I wish Coralsmiley - biggrinat least it's not the voices in my headsmiley - winkeyethey ain't got a clue

reply from last email, I now have a 0800 number I can call, so I'll be doing that on Mondaysmiley - smileybet it's abroad

Post 10

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

Smurfles,
it would be strange to have a 28 days return policy on an expensive product. if buy something expensive you can expect that it will work correctly and for a certain duration in years.

the innovative products, like the pc, changes often, but that does not make working duration of this such product shorter. the consumer buys a new product when he or she needs. ofter too late I may say....

Post 11

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

You lot haven't had to listen to his midnight mutterings on the phone smiley - whistle

Post 12

logicus tracticus philosophicus

Would presume you were issued with a disc with vista on when you purchased the computer.. I would have taken out the hard disc and put another one in then reinstalled vista and made the 160 gig one a slave.

Did have trouble with XP pro once, and phoned the 0800 no pressed all the buttons, (as added new motherboard) and was given a new 16 digit no and all worked ok since then...

Also thought Vista was on a part of the hard drive that could not be reformatted, and if the drive was in two could not the XP be added to the second part and when booting use f12 to make the machine boot from there not vista

Post 13

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

I'll give you the advice I always do Prof, give Stu a call

Post 14

Jabberwock

I have had lotsa probs with me Vista on a brand new PC too. More than ever before. But Vista Pack 1 is being prepared at Muckrosoft as I speak. Might help some. Do not despair.

The Mucksofts seem to have used the Mugs as testers again, releasing stuff before it's ready, as usual.

Jabsmiley - smiley

Post 15

smiley - winkeyepure and simple - I hate vistasmiley - laugheven if it was ok, I just don't like the format.

still! what the eck eh!

to err is human, to go as far as I go -smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughanswers on a pinhead

Post 16

matodemi

...not much to say, only
smiley - goodluck
smiley - stiffdrink
smiley - hug

Post 17

they say every cloud has a silver liningsmiley - smileymy neighbour says leave it with him, so XP will soon be up and running againsmiley - laughsmiley - laughuntil the NEXT wipe out!smiley - whistle

Post 18

Websailor

Oh, Prof, what a pickle. My son warned me against Vista, and our young friend had horrendous problems.

I think the comment about Muckrosoft is spot on. Can't be doing with them. Why do people keep buying the stuff when things never seem to work properly.

Just one thing, if you (or anyone else) decide to take the computer back, the 28 day thing is a nonsense - company policy and all that - but it is NOT the law. If it is not fit for the purpose they have to either give you a new one or a full refund, and don't let them get away with referring you to the manufacturer, that's their job.

smiley - goodluck Prof, I hope you get sorted soon. I don't know how you keep your smiley - cool but then perhaps midnight mutterings suggest you don't smiley - smiley. I certainly wouldn't.

smiley - cheers

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 19

I don't know how you keep yoursmiley - coolsmiley - winkeyeI do Webbie, Lil is one of my very closest friends and my confidant smiley - smiley

Post 20

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Oooh, Webby,

He can be soooooOOooo colourful!!! *giggles*

lil xxx

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more