This is the Message Centre for Slapjack

Name calling

Post 1

RmacX0

i was only askign if u new about it lol i think you taking why over the top with your reply..

how about tell me how you feel about the North American Union
or do u Canadian's just "kill the the person of asked"

AND I DID NOT SAY ONE THING THAT WAS insulting to you or your people
you are the one being insulting with your word like "You are a fool! an insulting, ignorant fool"

But if you were insulted by me just asking in sorry nothing was ment by it ,,,

Name calling

Post 2

Slapjack

I'v had a sleep so I'll try to remain calm in the face of what you've already said and give you a more measured response.

First of all, AllCaps generally signifies yelling in online discussions: please don't yell at me, particularly your denials of the insult you have apparently offered unknowingly.

Bringing up the 'North American Union' is offensive on a number of levels. First off, apart from a single draft paper of a low level meating of civil servants, this idea is *completely* a construct of ignorant (by this word I mean 'uninformed', which of course is what the word means) conspiracy theorists. That single draft paper which was produced years ago was immediately rejected by all parties involved. There is no conspiratorial effort to form a North American Union.

The true insult comes in that the very idea of such a union is a desecration of the memory of the Canadian soldiers who have sacrificed their lives in various wars and battles over the last two hundred years in valiant efforts to prevent just such a union.

As I said, the idea you put forward is insulting, it is insulting to Canada and its history.

But then, you didn't know much about that, did you? You didn't know, which makes you, on this subject clearly, ignorant.

To my mind, someone who decides to blast away on a subject about which they are completely ignorant, someone who in that blasting is insulting to a great many, is acting extremely foolishly.

and so, you did behave as a fool, you did behave insultingly, and you are ignorant about North America's history and cultures.

You seem to have found one or two lying pages on the internet that talk about this non-existant and never-existant conspiracy and to have decided on the basis of those lies that you have some sort of insight into what's going on over here.

The history that you don't know, the experiences you have not had, the stories you have not heard, the debates you have not been a part of, can not be given to you in an easy to swallow pill or a paraphrastic web page. I do not have the time left in my life to explain to you why this particular conspiracy theory is far beyond wrong. I can, however, suggest that you really should be more careful about the lies you promolgate for others. Most of these conspiracy theories are insulting to someone, and most of these theories, whatever truth may be buried deep in them, are largely woven of lies.

I recommend to you that you consider very carefully whether the knowledge you think you have really is knowledge before you start tossing out accusations of conspiracy at people.

Were you unaware that this 'North American Union' is an accusation?

Name calling

Post 3

RmacX0

for starter u are full of it' as they are trying again to get n.a.u
it is all over the main stream new's Cnn,Fox,Cbs, even bush "the last one" talked about it and how it will save u all in the now obama has this on his playing feild ,,

like i said i was asked u the was no insalt to u and if u do find that insalting then you are the one with the problem not me

as Freedon of speech in the uk mean u can talk about anything u like and asked about indeath or light harted ,,

like i said it is all over the new's thay are trying again for a NAU

im am asking basic's how you feel about NAU and do u want one??

and i find just by asked and your responce that your missed the point of what i was asking ,,,,,,,,,

one again sorry if felt insalted but i did not mean anything by it

Name calling

Post 4

Slapjack

You know nothing of this subject. You accuse the masses of being sheep, sitting in front of their televisions, when that is exactly what you are.

You know nothing about North America and the situation here. Please stop insulting and slandering me and my fellow citizens.

In any case, I will not respond to anymore. I would appreciate it if you would not post again to my space.

I am far too busy helping my society to work for all of its citizens to waste my time with ignorant, self-serving gadflies.

Name calling

Post 5

Slapjack

Just for fun, I did a quick search of Fox News for "North American Union".

They haven't had a story mentioning such a thing in years, and in the brief period when it was covered, the stories were largly ridiculing and discounting the idea.

Have you no shame?

No, don't answer that: I don't want you posting here anymore.

Name calling

Post 6

RmacX0

Have you no shame

well have u got no shame for name calling just for someone asking

if that is how you treat your people even if they wroung or right or even misinform as u say, people must fear speeking out in your country
if that how you treat poeple,,

fox new's 2007
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294092,00.html

Cnn Added On April 21, 2008
http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2008/04/21/ldt.henry.tucker.nau.cnn?iref=videosearch

Name calling

Post 7

Taff Agent of kaos

RmacX0

the newest of those posts was last year

that is not up to date news???

smiley - bat

Name calling

Post 8

anhaga

sorry to barge in on someone else's PS, but Slapjack has said he'll not be responding to RmacX0, so, I'll do it.

The CNN link is so old its dead, and so, no support for your argument, Rmac.

The Fox link has a fair and balanced (tm) panel state quite clearly that this North American Union thing is a load of twaddle, which is also what both GWB and Steve Harper say in the same piece. One of the panelists suggests that swallowing the North American Union thing is roughly akin to believing that Elvis is still alive.

Furthermore, Rmac, two very old stories, one dead, and the other debunking your scare story neither help your argument nor qualify as 'all over the main stream new's Cnn,Fox,Cbs, even bush "the last one" talked about it and how it will save u all in the now obama has this on his playing feild'

To be honest, while I'll not get as passionate as Slapjack has about the insult you offered my country and my people on that other thread, you really did offer a pretty strong insult. Your ignorance of the facts of the North American situation is perhaps an explanation of how you might have come up with such an insult, but it is not an excuse.

Tell me, Rmac: how do you suppose the people of Korea would feel if you told them that the leaders of Japan and Korea were a long way down the road to a Japanese/Korean union and that they were too blinkered to realize what was happening but somehow you, on the other side of the world, knew better than they did what was happening in their own country? Are you aware of what an absurdity such an idea is, considering the deep historical antipathy between Korea and Japan?

Do you really imagine that a country which has at a number of points in its history successfully defeated U.S. military invasions *solely* because its citizens wanted to remain good neighbors of the U.S. rather than citizens of the U.S. would suddenly be so apathetic that they would ignore this conspiracy? Do you know anything about Stephen Harper or his present political situation? Do you know anything about the political situation in Canada? About our Constitution? Do you know anything about what such conspirators would face in trying to bring about such a plan in Canada?

I suspect not.

Do you have any idea what is happening in the U.S. right now? Do you know that there are strong voices *in elected office* calling for splitting the American Union apart, never mind forming a North American Union. There are calls to place the military on the Southern U.S. border, not to force a union between Mexico and the U.S., but rather to ensure that such a thing will *not* happen. Do you know anything about the political situation in the *50 States* of the U.S.? Do you know what it takes to get anything simple done in their political system?

I suspect not.

The North American Union you want us to fear is simply not going to happen, and you insult Canadians and Americans by spewing that old pile of foetid turds at us. Particularly insulting is the suggestion that we're too stupid, apathetic, hypnotized by television, or whatever, to notice what you say is happening.

Now, I've tried to give you a bit of an explanation of where you are wrong and where you have wronged Canada and Canadians. The gentlemanly thing to do would be to apologize *for the insult given*. It would be rude to say something like 'I'm sorry if you were offended'. If you are not willing to apologize for giving offence, you would be best advised to simply follow Slapjack's request and not post to his PS.

I hope you'll be more careful in the future. You do no one any favours by lecturing on subjects about which you know little.smiley - smiley

Name calling

Post 9

Taff Agent of kaos

hi anhaga

i dont think he is about any more, he hasnt been on all night

smiley - bat

Name calling

Post 10

anhaga

I just felt I should put my smiley - 2cents in as one of the longer term representatives here of the top half of North America. If Rmac is so very off base on this particular conspiracy, how much credit can we give him on all the others?

I would be very happy to have him learn something real about the situation here rather than just continuing in his narrowness. I'm not interested in getting into a confrontation, but I'm also not interested in having him continue spreading incendiary lies.

'nuff said.

Name calling

Post 11

Taff Agent of kaos

i take it that this is a very touchy subject

and as i know nothing about it i will leave it there.

how are you, havn't seen much of you lately, are coming to the gaulish name game???

smiley - bat

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Slapjack

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more