A Conversation for Talking Point: Dream Dinner Parties

If you could invite any five people...

Post 1

Cupid Stunt

...living or dead, which would you choose?

Living. (ha ha ha).

What a fun question this has been over the years, and is an excelent antidote to revision.

Seriously though, after much deliberation mr five are Mae West, Oscar Wilde, Dorotthy Parker, Dr Samuel Johnson and Mark Twain.

Post 2

B&L

Darwin, Peel, Disraeli, Jimi Hendrix and Mark Steel would be a nice, strange, twisted mix.

Post 3

Goyahkla

Douglas Adams, Darwin, Donna Tartt, James May (the guy in Top Gear) and Bridget Jones

Post 4

Recumbentman

Limiting it to living and dead, omitting the fictional:

Richard Dawkins and a bishop (any). Groucho and Harpo Marx, and Margaret Dumont.

Post 5

Connie L

I have a taste for controversy...

I think I'd probably send one invitation to Jesus, one to Master Yoda, one to Ama (that Indian female guru who does not teach, does not preach, and just take people in her harms for a soul-healing hug), and one to Douglas Adams, of course, so I am sure at least someone will say something...

And to my boyfriend, to hear him ask "but... who are these people ? where do you know them from ? and are you sure that pork chops in cream is fine ?"

smiley - divaC.L.smiley - biggrin

Post 6

Countess Marguerite

F Scott Fitzgerald, Napoleon Dynamite, Epictetus, John Lennon, Howard Dean. I'm not sure what would happen, but I think it would be sensational.

Post 7

Gonzoid

Oscar Wilde, Groucho Marx, Jonathan Winters, Robin Williams and Timothy Leary.

Post 8

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

Let's see... okay here they are: Douglas Adams(of course), Albert Einstein, Mark Twain, Hawkeye Pierce (from M*A*S*H), and Elwood Blues

Post 9

flyingtwinkle

dress up in the respective appearances and that is a good reason to celebrate

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more