This is the Message Centre for Skankyrich [?]

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 1

Skankyrich [?]

Hi folks,

Great to see h2g2 has made it across to be a fully-functioning, independent entity. What an amazing result! I really hope h2g2 can go on and be the site we all knew it couldn't have become under the previous owners. I think the previous editors were really hamstrung by the rules and regs they had to adhere to, and I really think the site will flourish with new energy and a 'can do' attitude.

I've had some great times here and I hope you're all well. I made some fabulous friends here and I've been lucky enough to meet some of you in person, but there are plenty of you who I never met who I forged great friendships with. I've let them slide to the stage where perhaps they're not great friendships any more. I'm sorry about that. It's not that I meant to lose touch, but I'm sure the parents among you will appreciate that I've had other priorities lately!

However - without wanting to denigrate the friendships I've made - the reason I joined h2g2, and still my prime purpose for being here, is/was to contribute to The Guide. I don't think I have a lot to contribute any more in terms of simply writing, but there may be stuff I can do in terms of filming an entry first then writing afterwards. Entries such as mountain biking centres/routes spring to mind.

Anyway, in terms of me/us we are having our lil one in seven weeks time. That's the big news. There was a lot of other news I thought I might tell you about, but actually when I think about it, there is nothing else. I'm going to be a Dad in 50 days or so.

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - wow Great news and great to hear from you again now we've just about settled into our new home from home smiley - zensmiley - magic I'd love to revive some fo the aviating type things in the future, but that may be a little way off still until other things are a bit more settled down anf working fully on site smiley - zensmiley - musicalnotesmiley - ale

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 3

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Skanks, what a coincidence.

I'd posted earlier on the prospective Meet page, which devolved into talking smiley - ale that I'd not seen you about, except on the other place.

Great to see you, and glad you survived the transition.

Best wishes to you both. And I still count you as a friend, and hope to do more photographic work for the guide with you. AV is a little beyond me, I'm afraid.

Stay in touch, and here's to the post 50 day scenario.

smiley - goodluck

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 4

KB

Is it too soon for the smiley - bubbly yet?

Yeah, do stick around and contribute what you can - there'll probably be a lot more scope for AV content now we're going on our own steam.

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 5

scorp

Wonderful to hear you made it over Richsmiley - hug

Await news of small addition with bated breath - keep us posted.

Scorp.

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 6

Maria

How lovely what you say Rich.

keep us posted
smiley - hug

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 7

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Hiya Rich! Good to see you're still around, even if intermittently.

TRiG.smiley - cheers

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 8

Vip

Lovely to have an update, and I hope all goes well with the litte 'un. smiley - smiley

smiley - fairy

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 9

Milla, h2g2 Operations

*adds to the curious crowd and waves at the parents to be*
smiley - towel

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 10

You can call me TC

You probably won't read this till you come back to post with your good news in a few weeks' time, but my best wishes anyway. Make sure you look after your Lainey.

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 11

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Always glad to see you posting here Rich smiley - cheers I've been following the Cavalier tweets throughout the summer... and why don't we have any kind of cricket-related smiley here yet?

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 12

Baron Grim

smiley - ale

Does that count?

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 13

aka Bel - A87832164

Good to hear from you. smiley - hug

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 14

Websailor

So glad to see you here Rich, you have been missed, but we entirely understand that you have other RL priorities these days. I still regard you as a friend, and I still appreciate your encouragement on the writing front, though like you I have other RL priorities these days, and haven't time to write.

I am sure when I have overcome a number of obstacles I will get the writing bug again but have had 'writers block' for the past twelve months.

Will be watching closely for your news. smiley - goodluck and smiley - love to Lainey.

smiley - cheers

Websailor smiley - dragon

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 15

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Welcome home, Rich and Lainey. smiley - biggrin

Looking forward to news of the immanent arrival (and piccies, natch)

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 16

Yeah, BG, smiley - ale counts, as does smiley - porkpiesmiley - biggrin

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 17

Also smiley - tea and smiley - cakesmiley - ok

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 18

You can call me TC

Yes smiley - tea is very cricket-related.... It's the only one I could think of, too.

We could add and to the new smiley campaign, of course. Er - is there one?

Hi from Rich and Lainey

Post 19

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - magicBest wishes to you all, and brace yourselves for the most exciting (and most emotional) ride of your life! smiley - toffeeapple

Key: Complain about this post