This is the Message Centre for Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

A Rev Nick Journal: Distance yourselves ...

Post 1

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

For quite a long time now, I have sorta run a-foul of the powers that be. Much of it is a history with some folks that daily friends are more than aware of. (Yes, I hear you sniggering in the back again. Stop it!)

Anyway, it seems a good chance that a minor flare up of personalities will again bring the Eds into it all. I posted an e-mail to them, an link to a particularly pointy and inflammatory (isn't that against house rules?) series of posts. And a couple of folks have chosen to take this as a challenge. Head-on. as it were.

So, ... You know where to find me come Monday. Probably not here, as even the most recent new thread (a one-to-one) was not even referred or hidden ... Just gone. No e-mails about it, and no reply to a direct query to the "staff". Just gone. Guilty, and that's just that.

So ...

Maybe see ya, ... maybe not ... It has been a grande time and some of the best friends found.

Post 2

Oh, and because some folks know that a smiley - yikes of a single post will erradicate a thread (see recent events, little'est man) ... a 2nd post

Post 3

AlsoRan80

Dear Rev. Nick,

It has been good meeting you and thank you for your support with the Madiba entry.

I appreciated it very much.

I have absolutely no idea what this is all about,but keep your spirits up.

Go well,

Christiane
AlsoRan 80

Post 4

I go not willingly, but there is a small cadre that would very much like me to be gone from this site. I won't stir up an unholy stink, but I will not go gently into the night.

It has been (as is !!!) a delight to know you, Christiane. If I could have but managed an e-mail or land-line number to you ...

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

There is something about the hot summer months that raises people's ire. It seems to be a force of nature that no one has found a way of containing. smiley - sadface

Post 6

More to do with the lulls and doldrums of summer that strike hootoo. A stir must be made, and in some circles or corners, I am seen as a thorn in the tushie, or a troll to be trounced. This week-end seems a time to stir it up. Stuff happens, eh?

Post 7

Gilbert and Sullivan couldn't stand each othetr, and yet they came up with "Patience, or Bunthorn's bride." I think of Bunthorn whenever someone mentions a thorn in the tush. smiley - bigeyes

Post 8

I tend to think of falling on a monstrous Scotch thistle when I was 13'ish ... But hey, what-ever works for you. smiley - bigeyes

Post 9

~:*-Venus-*:~

smiley - sighsmiley - sadface

Post 10

Was someone around to say "Thistle hurt a lot" when you were falling? smiley - smiley

Post 11

Venus was kind enough to mention that, ... and then tossed another thorny-something under me. Devil-goddes that she is !!! smiley - cross

Post 12

Loki might do something like that, but Venus? The gods must be crazy...

Post 13

Well, since she went and lost those arms in a game of poker ... smiley - rolleyes

*hides under some shrubbery in case she swings past ...*

Post 14

I think you're safe for a while. Adonis just returned home....

smiley - bigeyes

Post 15

Researcher 556780

Good grief..I seem to miss it all...don't know what's going on because I am not here as often, I hope you don't leave entirely. If you do, will keep in contact via the usual--if sporadically, here n' there smiley - biggrin

I remember once when I first started here there were some disagreements, misreads and hackles were raised and things got out of hand...it was all rather weird. Written word can be just as misunderstood as spoken I have come to realize more. Shame really, but then again no matter how articulate or educated you are, things are subjective to the individual. Just my thoughts!

Here have some virtual smiley - choc bit lame really, but it's all I've got...I can't remember and smiley - cheesecake...

Post 16

As I said, I won't be going voluntarily, but I wouldn't be surprised if I am 'sanctioned' come Monday.

Post 17

Monday is about 3 and a half hours away, but in Hootoo-land it is already here. smiley - yikes

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, Nick. smiley - hug You seem like a good guy. We need all the good guys we can get....

Post 18

Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

Don't go again! But if you are unfortunately forced to go cause a suitable fuss.

Post 19

It seems no one of authority cares to step in or take sides. smiley - cool

Post 20

Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

Maybe they're seeing how much support you are going to getsmiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more