This is the Message Centre for Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

A Rev Nick Journal: A day of introspection ...

Post 221

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

Just PLEASE don't contact my daughter, with those same words. She's big enough to be carrying two shetland ponies !!! And she did go one week late, with our last grand-child.

Post 222

bobstafford

No worries I wont contact anyone smiley - smiley

Post 223

You wouldn't understand half of what she was saying anyway. smiley - laugh She's a born and raised Newfoundland, where the common heritage is a unique blend of English, Irish and Scottish. The accents are really varied, and the speed sometimes exceeds that of true "oirish" folks. ,rofl>

Post 224

bobstafford

Id like to give it a go later it souds an interesting mixturesmiley - smiley

Post 225

I have spoken a few times with one of our hostesses, a Lady in the Dublin area. And she was surprised that I didn't need her to repeat herself often. I blamed that on my little girl. smiley - laugh

Post 226

bobstafford

Well you have a good ear for language then smiley - smiley

Post 227

Some is simple luck, I think. A lot of it was my having joined our military so young. Meeting, living, and working with folks from all over this country. Including atleast THREE flavours of french, in their own tongue and accents of the English. "Sink or swim" method. smiley - laugh

Post 228

bobstafford

Impressive you will enjoy Europe...

Post 229

I also keep my ear attuned by chatting frequently with an Essex Lady, who is a blend of the regions that she has lived in, an English Lady who has lived in Wales for over 20 years, another in Telford, a couple of Manc lads, ... and of course, the Oirish smiley - pirate-Wench. Oh, and occassionally a Liverpudlian, living and working in the UAE.

Maybe it's just a matter of having so few grey-cells, they can rattle around and settle in to anything easily? smiley - doh

Post 230

bobstafford

Well it is surley intelegence and that is apparant as the level of conversation seldom fails to keep up a high standard, so you telephone these folk then.

Post 231

Yes, sometimes 5 and 6 calls a week. I actually have a far better phone-plan rate (per minute) to anywhere in the UK, any hour of any day, than I can find to call my own daughter. So if we get into a natter mode, the Welsh lines might have a good hour of 'burn-time'. For about 2-quid.

Post 232

bobstafford

Marvelous any must away to bed sorry to have to go,

Night mate until tomorowsmiley - smiley

Post 233

'Tis indeed late by your clock. Sleep well and sound. ANd I'll be back after my work-day again. smiley - cheers, mate.

Post 234

And this journal also having run it's course, and surpassed it's "best before" date, I'll close it out from my Personal Space.

As always, if further posts are added, I'll not see them. Thank you all, for inputs, warm friendship, and random drift. smiley - laugh

TTFN

Post 235

Fluffy Pink Rabbit. (Remember that polyester has feelings, too)

smiley - sadface

I was too late.....

Post 236

U3193321

I've got a lovely poem for you Fluffy Pink smiley - run
*out to the back to fetch it! smiley - rainbow

Post 237

websailor

Nick, I was going to have a look at your journal but apparently it is forbidden to me, so whatever life changing thing it was I hope it brought better times.

Websailorsmiley - dragon

Post 238

U3193321

smiley - yikes Forbidden Fruit! How so?

Post 239

Sorry, WebSailor ... I thought this journal, and another, had run their course. And the associated LiveJournal entries as well. So I just left this behind, and sent the LJ bits "inside". They are still visible to anyone else with an LJ account, and who tags me as a 'friend'.

Mostly, it was a flash-back to 30 years ago the date I posted, how and why I stepped out into the world on my own.

Post 240

U3193321

you know what thought did! smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post