A Conversation for HOOVERS or "The life of my first and current vacuums, a comparison, including therapeutic rant"

The dreaded Mr D

Post 1

Pheroneous II

OK, I know she has left the building, but this struck a chord with me. (Though not one of Freddy Mercury's)

When the world of vacuum's was transformed by Mr D some years ago we rushed out with the masses and invested far too much money in a multi-coloured vacuuming machine. Bits of it broke. We bought a new one. Bits of it broke. We bought a new one. Bits of it broke. We have now invested much less money in a far simpler one with an old fashioned bag and everything. It works just fine.

Now, Mr D is lauded for his design. I don't doubt it is deserved. But (imho) the bloody things are way too complicated. They are over-designed. Form has left function behind.

Thank you for listening.

(PS I loved the ball-barrow many years ago)

Key: Complain about this post

The dreaded Mr D

More Conversations for HOOVERS or "The life of my first and current vacuums, a comparison, including therapeutic rant"

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more