This is the Message Centre for Researcher 53931

Tuesday 17th

Post 1

Researcher 53931

A "good" day today. Good as in not crap.
Hello my name is Stephen and I sell. I've been selling for ten years now but I haven't touched a Vectra in 3 months. (round of applause)

Cold calling is the God send of evil managers, it gives them something to silently threaten you with. "It's part of the job, you should know that", but it doesn't matter how long you've been in sales or how short, cold calling is a bugger.

However something of solice for those who have this joy as part of their daily grind. Cold calling is exactly the same as Golf, apart from the lack of balls (well maybe...), the lack of clubs or grass. You only have to play one good shot in an entire days play to make you keep coming back for more. The rush, the buzz, the excitment makes up in some small way for the constant rejection and humilation.

Tuesday 17th

Post 2

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Sorry - I'm not buying it... smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Researcher 53931

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more