This is the Message Centre for Lash LeRue

Well its been more than a while since I've been back here...

Post 1

Lash LeRue

I came back on here yesterday, you know have an old snoot around, back on h2g2. Kind of like going up to your attic just to poke through the old boxes and get a wee bit nostalgic. But Then i got paranoid. What if some future humanoid was trawling through the vast archaeological thrift store that is the internet and had stumbled across my little corner of h2g2. He would be very annoyed! What the hell happened to LeRue? So this update is partially for you future humanoid (futurenoid?).

I am back in Ireland after several years working a variety of over seas jobs. I was engaged but we then got around to looking up the definition of engaged:

en·gaged
/enˈgājd/
Adjective
i, Busy; occupied.
ii, (of a toilet) Already in use.

And neither seemed to suit us, so we ended thing amicably. I got the dog. She got the TV. I miss it sometimes, but I see it the odd weekend.

My life is very good though, don't get the wrong idea! My mother is doing the best she has doing in years. My friends and comrades are all doing exceptionally well, even the eternal messers and messer uppers. My younger brother graduated (And because we have the same name and went to the same university I got posted his calfskin for some reason. #panicedbrotherwhenallhisfriendsthatcouldn'tmakegraduationbecausetheyallwen'ttothesouthoffrancegottheirsinthepostbuthedidn't) and fell into a nice government job.

My own job, is interesting and rewarding if very high pressure at times. I also firmly believe that my employers would change everyone's screensaver to become active after ten seconds inactivity and it would just say 'Remember Your Confidentiality Agreement', except they don't because I think they worry it would take some of the effectiveness away from it since they already say it at the end of every single damn meeting and catch up.

I'm running less and reading more.

Oh I'm also now what my friend refers to as a 'beer w*nker'. I do bring some crap like a chocolate porter or a beer aged in old whiskey barrels to parties and demand that everyone tries it, and then gets personally offended when people don't like them.

So, that's kind of where I am. I might get back on here properly (I may have made similar claims before) I also might not. But in short. I'm doing good futurenoid, how about you?

p.s. I already once tried updating my journal and it didn't seem to work. This all at once annoyed and angered me and made me feel like a fossil who is not down with the kids.

Post 2

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

welcome back, I'm not around as much as I used to be as other things currently occupy me

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - somersault LeRue! How great to hear from you! We've missed you! Let the good times roll - and roll...smiley - somersault

What's happened on h2g2 since you left? Not much.

- We got a few new smileys. smiley - chocolateteapot
- The BBC decided we were grownups now, and should leave home. NOW. So we did.
- I took over running smiley - thepost, so it's completely gone to the dogs and is full of nonsense every single week.

Any possibility of reports of your adventures, say, for the h2g2 Post, sometime in the future?

Don't be a stranger! Tell us more about the weird beer! smiley - grovel

Post 4

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

I wanted to add you as a friend, but I can't see your Personal Space. If you want the problem cleared or to update your PS, you could email the gurus at [email protected] . Welcome back to the site.

Post 5

Lash LeRue

Reefgirl - Well its still good to see you about! Hope the knitting is still progressing nicely!

Dmitri - Congrats on the Editorship and you know what I do still have my post reporters badge, maybe I should start a little column

Elektra - Shall attempt to add you and lets see if that works if not I'll go scurrying to the Gurus just like back in the day!

Post 6

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - cool Should you start a column? Yes! smiley - winkeye Take a look at the Post, see what's been going on. smiley - whistle We're pretty bonkers...

Post 7

Lash LeRue

Haha, I'll send you over a little something when I've time and sure we'll see how it goes down

Post 8

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Hi Le Rue!smiley - smiley

It's always nice to see people coming back.smiley - magic
As Dmitri said we've been a bit busy during the last year or two. smiley - laugh

Post 9

Pastey

That's an understatement!

Post 10

Lash LeRue

Pastey, Tav how are you guys doing? I pulled yet another disappearing act for a few months!

God my H2G2 life can actually be measured in 6 month increments!

Post 11

Pastey

Understandable, that there real life has a way of getting in the way smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Lash LeRue

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more