A Conversation for Doctor Who Episode Guide: 2010 - 2013

Dr Who;Do you remember the first episode you saw?

Post 1

outofhertinymind

That was a nice piece on "series fnarg"
I started watching Dr Who in 1970 or 71 I expect. I can't pin down a first episode, but Davros in black and white, sea men/monsters and robots all come to mind. It got at least 4 times more scary in colour, especially the Ark in Space, when he pulled his hand out of his pocket and it wasn't human ,it was green maggot!smiley - yikes
(I must have been 5 or 6 though).
OOHTM

Post 2

Bluebottle

I remember watching 'The Caves Of Androzani' and being confused about why the Doctor's face changed. I was even more confused when the Doctor changed in 'Time And The Rani' as I think we missed the first couple of minutes, and all of a sudden the Doctor was dark haired. Because 'The Caves Of Androzani' had sand in it, and there was a beach scene at the very end of 'Trial Of A Timelord' I assumed that the Doctor must regenerate whenever he goes to the beach...

<BB<

Post 3

Gavin

I must have seen the first doctor who episode the first time it was shown, and have vague memories of hiding behind the lounge from the monsters (or was that hiding from the "Invisible Man"?).

However in terms of remembering a particular episode (as in a whole story) after 47 years the chances of that are slim, but the oldest scene I remeber is the exit of Susan's teachers (Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright).
They return to Earth and jump on a bus. Ian tries to buy a bus ticket and the conductor comments on the money offered for the fare along the lines of "Thruppence! - Where have you been, the moon!"

Secret smiles and fade to black (or at least grey).

Post 4

Bluebottle

smiley - 2centssmiley - bus
Ah - The Chase. The story with the Beatles (briefly) in.

<BB<

Post 5

outofhertinymind

Really? The Beatles? I must look that one up!!
smiley - smiley
OOHTM

Post 6

outofhertinymind

smiley - biggrin Ah, well another one to look out for on a rainy day, Thanks

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

The first one I remember featured William Hartnell turning into Patrick Troughton. Weird!

Post 8

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Oh, Lord! smiley - rolleyes

I remember the very first episode. The smiley - tardis was in either a junk yard, or a builders' yard, hidden behind a high wall and gate.

All in glorious black and white! smiley - biggrin

Post 9

Gnomon - time to move on

smiley - cool

Post 10

Bluebottle

Sadly the Beatles are only shown on the space/time visualiser, and do not really appear. They had been invited to appear as themselves but very old, but Brian Epstein would not let themsmiley - blue

<BB<

Post 11

The H2G2 Editors

The first episode I really remember is when Peter Davison turned into Colin Baker. I'm not that young, honest. I was just too scared to watch it before then...

Post 12

outofhertinymind

oh really? h2g2 editors.
I believe you smiley - groan
Well sadly I had a Saturday job by then, and didn't get home in time to see it. Also had lost interest since "Tristram" took over, teenager years, Dr Who was not "in" for me.
OOHTM smiley - wah

Post 13

Bluebottle

The h2g2 editors are just copying what I said...smiley - nahnah

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post