A Conversation for The Les Paul

Hmm...

Post 1

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Hmm...

Hmm...

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Hmm, I and many others besides, to however believe the Fender Strat to be the best electric guitar ever smiley - tongueoutsmiley - run

Hmm...

Post 3

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

i've come to learn that the best one is the next one I play that I can't afford...

Cardinal Fang's guitar collection

Post 4

bigfluffybunny

The best guitar in the world is the Fender Stratocaster and the Les Paul...
The two best guitars in the world are the Fender Stratocaster, the Les Paul and the Fender Telecaster...
The three best guitars in the world are the Fender Stratocaster, the Les Paul, the Fender Telecaster and that little pignose one that has an amp in it...
The four...no... amongst the best guitars in the world... are such diverse guitar elements as the Fender Stratocaster, the Les Paul....... I'll come in again.

Hmm...

Post 5

BlackStratocaster

Very true. The Fender Strat is a superb guitar. It still looks superb, despite having been designed fifty years ago. You can't say that about many other electric guitars from the fifties and sixties. You have only to look at the photos in some guitar books to see how atrocious a lot of guitars used to be ( and probably still are too).

Hmm...

Post 6

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Superb looking or superb-sounding?

The one thing I really didn't like about the early Strat were the frets. Apparently, a lot of players of the sixties, seventies and later didn't either, who pulled out the stock frets and pounded in Gibson wire.

To tell you the truth, I'd rather have a stock Guild archtop from the early fifties than anything else, if a time machine were available.

Hmm...

Post 7

I had a guild archtop briefly before XMas; A reissue one I think but yeh... That was kinda nice and pretty pleasing to the eyes as well as the ears smiley - drool unfortunately It was a friends Guitar and he's since sold it I think smiley - cry for far ar far more than I could ever justify spending on an axe smiley - wah Mind I was nearly tempted to buy the strat reissue custom job he bought over last time... but he wouldn't budge on the price smiley - wah

Hmm...

Post 8

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

see posting #3

Hmm...

Post 9

smiley - laugh yeh... Too true... I'm surrounded by guitars... yet theres always 'the one' ... unfortuantley I think its a dilusional state of believing in the 'one' guitar... though I do tend towards the strats and some are just betterer than others smiley - dohsmiley - musicalnote

Key: Complain about this post