PATTICHILD

Post 21

ALPHA-MALE

Eric Idle, or Michael Palin smiley - biggrin
smiley - fullmoon

PATTICHILD

Post 22

pattichild

hmmmm....Mmmmmmmmmhhhhhmm i so agree!! ...dont you think that ford could be kris marshall...hmm arthur cud even be john hannah i think...

PATTICHILD

Post 23

ALPHA-MALE

Spot on. We don't see Kriss Marshall in enuff these days....smiley - smooch
smiley - fullmoon

PATTICHILD

Post 24

pattichild

yeah hes like the book description of ford...gads i love ford prefect hes so mad n floopy...zaphods a bit too "im the man!" for me...

PATTICHILD

Post 25

ALPHA-MALE

Here I am, Brain the size of a planet....

PATTICHILD

Post 26

pattichild

u kno wat? i really did not hav a pic of marvin in my head but when i saw the movie it was a bit strange that he was this thing with a round head...liked the alan rickman voice tho...smiley - winkeye

PATTICHILD

Post 27

ALPHA-MALE

The book suggests no real description, other than as a humanoid. I'd always thought of him as a paranoid- as opposed to arrogant and fussy- version of C3POsmiley - biggrin

PATTICHILD

Post 28

pattichild

he was mebbe a bit too shiny in the movie methinks...in the book hes complaining of pains and rusty bits but yeah hes exxagerating duh! ...but stillsmiley - smiley

PATTICHILD

Post 29

ALPHA-MALE

Any ideas, then ?
smiley - fullmoon

PATTICHILD

Post 30

pattichild

no not really...whenever i try to get a concrete picture into my brain-the only thing that comes to mind is the robotic maid/housekeeper on the jetsons: rosie...and she is not marvin!...plus she had the most annoying voice!!smiley - erm...methinks i is in need of some smiley - coffee and smiley - popcorn to recharge the lil ol brain cells...

PATTICHILD

Post 31

pattichild

btw ur lil wolf n moon reminded me of the movie: eveyone says i love u-theres this kid on halloween dressed up as a werewolf and he sings: oh what a little moonlight can do to you...smiley - biggrin

PATTICHILD

Post 32

ALPHA-MALE

"Gimme the moonlight, Gimme the girl....."
smiley - fullmoon

PATTICHILD

Post 33

pattichild

i rem watching many werewolf movies a few yrs back! the most cuddy one was one in which this fortune teller took this guys hand and said she saw the sign of the pentagram on it! then magically he became a werewolf no explanation...smiley - erm

PATTICHILD

Post 34

ALPHA-MALE

Was that one with Lon Chaney ? the Character was called Laurence Talbot ?
smiley - fullmoon

PATTICHILD

Post 35

pattichild

i dont think so...when was that movie made? anyway i went to imdb and none of the werewolf movies sounded right smiley - sadface...anyway theres this movie i loved as a kid called: Unendliche Geschichte, Die or the never ending story...smiley - biggrin gads i was a soppy child also used to like this movie called the ugly dachshund a walt disney thing! smiley - biggrin
wat movies were ur faves?

PATTICHILD

Post 36

ALPHA-MALE

Gotta join my regiment for a few weeks. shipping out tonight. Back soon.

PATTICHILD

Post 37

pattichild

ur regiment eh? wokay!
see ya.smiley - smiley

Message for Jack

Post 38

IS5416

Jack,

My wife is a member of this group and pointed me to your post.

Firstly, allow me to explain that I have been in the forces for 18 years, and from 1999 until 2002 I co-ordinated Territorial Units in the London area. I therefore know how they operate and can tell you with some certainty that what you are suggesting is erroneous.

It is impossible to "rotate" for a couple of weeks into a combat area, and no further Territorial Regiments have been sent into any overseas theatre since late 2004. This is a Ministerial steer, and has not been rescinded. I should know as I have been in Afghanistan and Iraq since 2003 and I still keep ties to my old job.

Therefore, you must be replacing home based troops, in which case this is not done on a weekly basis. It is done only on a weekend basis when TA Units are required for exercise and cross duty. It is also very rare as these contingencies are permanently in place, even during wartime. As I said, I co-ordinated all of London for over 3 years so I know what I am talking about.

So, since you can ONLY belong to a part time unit (the re-activation of service for regular personnel only occurs in laughable bad American movies), why are you claiming that you are "shipping out" for "a few weeks"?

Message for Jack

Post 39

IS5416

Pattichild,

Apologies for posting on your private messages. I must confess that I did not know that it was such, and ask you to pardon my ignorance.

My reasoning was that I saw fit to challenge what I saw to be gross errors on the part of the poster called Jack. I posted everywhere he had made the outrageous claim, so that he would be corrected.

It's simply that I do not like to see misrepresentation of my profession by wannabies and pretenders. It's disrespectful to me and to the men and women of the armed forces currently fighting this unpopular war.

Once again, I apologise for using your personal space to correct Jack.

Message for Jack

Post 40

ALPHA-MALE

The cowardly poster has already revealed themselves to have been operating with misinformed veiws. They have deliberatly tried to sabotage our freindship for their own malicious reason, and there statements are incorrect. However, if you no longer wish to communicate, then I will accept that the damage has been done.
smiley - fullmoon

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for pattichild

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more