A Conversation for Cthulhu Mythos

Alternative Writing Workshop: A72221096 - Cthulhu Mythos

Post 1

HaroldZoid

Entry: Cthulhu Mythos - A72221096
Author: HaroldZoid - U14567465

This is a summary of HP Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos. It is meant to be funny, and part of it is addressed to a galactic hitchiker.

A72221096 - Cthulhu Mythos

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

This is fairly timely, as many hootooers have recently found - due to a website the editor of smiley - thepost discovered - that they allegedly write like HP Lovecraft.

Myself included. I had threatened to write something about Cthulhu. You beat me to it. smiley - smiley

That said:

This is only mildly funny - very mildly. I think the main reason for this is that most people are not very well informed about the world of HP Lovecraft. If you want to evoke more chuckles, take more time with the descriptions.

Explain clearly what Lovecraft's world is about. Let people see it. (Me, I'd go on and on about 'nameless horrors', which is what I remember most about Lovecraft.)

Then make mock. A lot. Fun thing to do. smiley - winkeye

Post 3

HaroldZoid

Okay. Thanks for the advice. I was vague, and I know a lot of obscure stuff. I didn't really tell about the theme. I'll try to fix this.

Post 4

smiley - ok Assume ignorance. smiley - winkeye

Post 5

minorvogonpoet

I think Dmitri's right when he says 'assume ignorance'. I didn't know anything about Cthulhu until I read this smiley - blush

As a result, I found this piece a bit confusing. I would suggest concentrating on one or two aspects of the Cthulhu world and describing them in more detail. Sending them up sounds a good idea.smiley - laugh

I want to go to a Vogon Poetry Slam!

Post 6

Bluebottle

Another entry with definite potential, I feel.

<BB<

Post 7

Yeah, somebody should deal with this. I recommend Awix. smiley - rofl

Post 8

Bluebottle

Is that a Seconding for Flea Market?

<BB<

Post 9

Yes. smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more