A Conversation for Love Bites

Love Bites: Hickeys in America

Post 1

Cubic

Actually, I have read that an ice cube applied to the spot will cure it.

So, next time you get a chance, try it out.

It seems to make sense, since the red stuff is blood vessels up near your skin's surface, so an ice cube might make them go down.

Post 2

Ingisim - Domestic Goddess

Why are love-bites called hickeys in America? Does anyone know?

Post 3

Jimmy, Keeper of Hot Peppers, the Holy Hand Grenade, and the Occasional Pet Rock

Why are hickeys called love-bites in places outside North America? Same reason, I expect. Good question...

Jimmy.

Post 4

Researcher 176341

Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy -
now come on, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out LOVE BITE - a 'bite' (ok a suck - but an oral assault) while in a 'love'(more like 'lust') situation.
'Hickey' seems to most of the english speaking world to be a non-word which could have been invented for the purpose - or any other purpose come to that.... this discussion may belong in the standard(!?) english / american english debate - wherever that is smiley - smiley

Post 5

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

An ice cube should work... after all whatever you choose to call them, they're nothing more than bruisessmiley - winkeye

Post 6

vampirenn

Most of the women i had been with loved it , some feel like they want a mark which will remind them of a guy forever .

Post 7

the Shee

I've heard of people putting a spoon in the freezer, then adding toothpaste to it.... (and of course then applying it smiley - winkeye)

Ah, folk remedies.....

Key: Complain about this post