A Conversation for Things That Make Your Skin Crawl

Clowns!

Post 1

RiffRaff

Clowns. I HATE clowns. Creepy bastards really set my teeth on edge. I don't know what it is... the white facepaint, or the garishly-colored clothes, or the annoying antics, but they make me want to scream and pummel them with a steel pipe or mattock handle or something.

Clowns!

Post 2

Pheonix

Hey, a natural reaction.

Clowns!

Post 3

Camp_Freddy

It all depends on the clown.
Nowadays, modern clowns are generally a sham, they get cheap laughs by squirting the audience with water, Something which has always been soooo funny!!! On the other hand, some clowns are comic geniuses, for instance, last week I saw a clown who was a drunken sailor at a circus, the kids didn't get it but I was in stitches with laughter. He didn't have all that terrifying white stuff slapped all over his face either. . .Still, each to their own.

Clowns!

Post 4

Camp_Freddy

where on EARTH did that come from???

Clowns!

Post 5

Man in Shack

Ah! Unfortunately, you have an inadvertant ! The has only been discovered recently, and has been found to be related to the , or . The , in this particular case, can be quite damaging to you, since you were writing about clowns when you encountered it. It is not yet known just where they come from, but we now know that the relates to the . If you are unable to fix it, you may expect a barrage of clown returns (or returns from a barrage of clowns, we just don't know yet). Good luck, and may the farce be with you!

Clowns!

Post 6

vegiman:-)

Don't let Ron Townsend (Smokey the Clown) hear you say that. He was a great friend of mine when I was a childrens entertainer myself. I wonder what happened to him, is he still alive?

Well as long as the children love clowns, I am afraid it is something you are going to have to deal with, sorreeee, no cure.
vegimansmiley - smiley

Clowns!

Post 7

RiffRaff

This is true... what I'm really referring to are the white facepaint/frizzy wig/balloon-animal-making clowns. Other kinds are all right. Charlie Chaplin, for example, was a great clown.

Clowns!

Post 8

Camp_Freddy

Worse than the balloon-animal-making-clown-with-the-frizzy-wig-and-sponge-red-nose is the balloon-HAT-making-clown-with-slapdash-make-up-and-a-shiny-foil-strand-wig-if-you're-lucky type.

Clowns!

Post 9

Thor`n

I hate clowns for one reason: They might pick me for their audience voulanteer. *eek* How embarassing that must be. I get nervous each time the clown gets near me. "Oh no, he ISN'T going to pick me?!!?"

Clowns!

Post 10

Kev Airs

Smokey, Ron Townsend sadly passed away a few years ago. World's best clown - uncle ron. x

Clowns!

Post 11

vegiman:-)

Thank You Kev Airs

Not been around much on site and missed this.

Ron was such a great friend as was Wally Boyce who taught me everything there was to know about childrens magic or should I say entertainment. He too passed away some years back.

all the best
vegimansmiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more