This is the Message Centre for ridpath

Subbing your entry on eBay UK

Post 1

quizzical

Hi, ridpath!

I'm quizzical and I'll be your Sub-editor today. smiley - smiley

Excellent article! smiley - ok I think I'm nearly done. I added a couple headers and some BBC links at the bottom. The biggest change involved the links to sites other than eBay. We're not allowed to link to 'commercial' sites (BBC rules), so I left in the names of the companies but removed the links (there should be enough information that readers can find the sites on their own). Oh, and I added some more 'safe computing' tips at the end. You can find the edited version here: A2927388

Please have a look and let me know if there is anything you'd like added or changed, and then we can send your entry to the Editors and fame and fortune on the H2G2 Front Page!

smiley - cheers

Post 2

ridpath

Hi quizzical. Sorry for the late reply, been a bit busy at the mo. Thanks for taking the time to edit my article. Just a couple of things I'd like to suggest:

- the heading "The Typical eBay Transaction" implies that the article explains a typical transcation, when it doesn't. It's more about how to protect yourself, perhaps "How to protect yourself" or "Protecting yourself" or "Being vigilant".

- Changing "(But do not install any 'patch' that arrives via an email attachment - that will be a virus.)" to "Either use the update option within the software itself or download the updates from the offical website. Do not apply a patch that arrives via email as it will probably be infected with a virus".

Thanks for all the other feedback!smiley - ok

Post 3

quizzical

Oh dear, I thought you'd disappeared! I've already returned the entry to our Editors.

I'll see if they can make the changes for us - making no promises, though...smiley - smiley

Off to grovel...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for ridpath

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more