A Conversation for From Takeshi's Castle to MXC : Most Extreme Elimination Challenge!

Peer Review: A2561195 - From Takeshi's Castle to MXC : Most Extreme Elimination Challenge!

Post 1

PhantomObserver

Entry: From Takeshi's Castle to MXC : Most Extreme Elimination Challenge! - A2561195
Author: PhantomObserver - U232722

Apparently the British version of Takeshi is pretty popular, but MXC hasn't been seen outside North America yet. So this is pretty much a heads-up on what English visitors should expect.

A2561195 - From Takeshi's Castle to MXC : Most Extreme Elimination Challenge!

Post 2

sprout

This sounds like the kind of thing I could get addicted to...

An excellent entry - clear and funny.

Maybe a short section on the original version - was it taken seriously by the contestants? Open to men and women? Played in teams or by individuals?

In some ways, it seems a little like a painful version of it's a knockout...

sprout

Post 3

PhantomObserver

The original version was played by individuals functioning en masse, like an army, then they got whittled down. There were a few episodes featuring players in pairs (couples, parent/child, etc.)

There's another entry in h2g2 on the British version of Takeshi's Castle, so I focused more on the MXC version.

Post 4

Dr Hell

Nice Entry. All necessary info is in there, I think.

People who haven't seen Takeshi's Castle might have a hard time to follow it, however. Maybe you could lose a para in the beginning, about the original series, for the ones who have no idea what this all is about.

Just a thought.

HELL

PS: Takeshi's castle - the original - is the best!

Post 5

PhantomObserver

How about a link to the other h2g2 article? Would that work?

Post 6

Dr Hell

The link would obviously work, and it's a good idea to include it, but I'd still be happier with a little paragraph in this Entry, summing up what this (Takeshi) is all about. See? When I am at home I am glad not having to open too many browser windows just for that little bit of information.

Something like this:

- The Tokyo Broadcasting System began worldwide syndication of the series Takeshi's Castle in 1986. It is a competition game TV-show. In this show 100 or so people (from all walks of life) start and have to pass a series of tasks, which usually involve falling into mud and getting soaked with water. People who don't pass the tasks are eliminated. The remaining competitors at the end of the tasks then go on to a final battle with water-guns to seize Takeshi's Castle. The show is a commented compilation of the most 'funny' bits, ie. people clumsily falling into a mud pit, and the final battle (more info is provided in the Entry ADD LINK HERE)."

Or shorter, whatever, I think you get the picture.

HELL

Post 7

PhantomObserver

OK, I've added a brief paragraph on the original show, and I'll start adding links once I figure out the Guide ML (it's been a while).

Post 8

PhantomObserver

And links have been added.

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 10

Cyzaki

Congrats! smiley - bubbly

smiley - panda

Post 11

GreyDesk

'Tis amazing what little gems you find when you wander through the unfashionable end of the Peer Review listing. I'm so pleased that this was pulled from potential obscurity smiley - smiley

Post 12

PhantomObserver

I'm pleased as well. I just wonder why it took so long. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for From Takeshi's Castle to MXC : Most Extreme Elimination Challenge!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more