This is the Message Centre for

The Steve Randell Trial

Post 1

Researcher 52482

Many avid cricket fans around the world may remember Australian cricket umpire
Steve Randell. You may or may not be suprised to know that he is currently on trial
in Tasmania for sexually assaulting young girls, some as young as 10. Having nothing
better to do, I went along yesterday to the court and heard his cross examination.
It seems that Mr Randell, as a school teacher in the north of tasmania, used to make
'Liason' visits to his pupils houses, often staying for dinner and somtimes overnight.
It also seem that whenever the oppertunity presented itself, he would go into the girls
rooms and do seedy things with them. The most telling fact is that there are about 8 girls
from different schools and different parts of Tasmania that all indopendently accused him.
If you are a Randell fan, I am afraid that the news is not good. He seems as guilty of the
charges as Ricky Martin is of being popular, or of Cher of being annoying and overrated.
Randell answered many of the questions posed during cross examination either with flat denials
but no explination, or simply 'I can't remember' or 'I don't know'. it was frustraiting,
as he never really said anything, but you could argue that seeing that all this supposedly
happened in 1981/82/83, this could be understandable. The Jury are expected to pass verdict
on monday evening or Tuesday. I will update the page when it comes out.

The Steve Randell Trial

Post 2

smashingnicholas

hi there i am the boy that never had my time in the courtroom with randell. i exposed randell in 1994 and was told that i was dreaming he would have served 25years if found guilty of what he had done to me but instead i was kept quiet. typical of the boys club!!!!!!!!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more