A Conversation for Have you heard....?

fav band....

Post 1

Paganmoon - Crazy as Ever

hi there jimbob.....
there's only one band for me at the mo., and that's the darkness.... yeah, i know they're already a big name, but they struggled to get there, they weren't taken seriously at all in their early days....
no, i'm not some teenage groupie, (i wish.. lol.), i'm 40+ and think they're brilliant... if only i was 20 years younger, i'd show them hawkins boys a good time..... smiley - winkeyesmiley - laugh

fav band....

Post 2

Jimbob - Got a Favourite Band? Tell Us All About It at A2464355

Hi there Paganmoon!

I've got a lot of love for The Darkness, and I'm looking forward to hearing some new material from them - I've listened to all their stuff more than a few times!

I think there is a place for big, dumb, unironic good time rock & roll in this world. smiley - biggrin

More power to their fretting hands!

smiley - ale

fav band....

Post 3

smiley - alesmiley - stiffdrink

I'll drink to that Jimbob....
There's not a day goes by without me playing their album... lol.. I await some new material from them rather impatiently... smiley - winkeye

Do you know if they have anything out on dvd???
I haven't seen anything myself..

smiley - alesmiley - stiffdrink .... cheers..

fav band....

Post 4

Lizzbett

I like The Darkness, which is a good thing given that I live in their home county of Suffolk, where it is practically a by-law to be a fansmiley - biggrin.

I do hope they can produce some new material that is as good as their first album. It's not always a good thing to become such a big success off the back of a first album. I used to be a big Guns and Roses fan. I've got most of their albums, but the best one by miles is the first one. You just can't beat a bit of loud rock music on a sunny day.

On a related topic, another great British rock band who never quite had the success they deserved was Thunder. I saw them live once and they were fantastic!

fav band....

Post 5

hi there..
i believe they have written quite a bit of new material so far as their second album is concerned, hope it's not too long in being released..
i was worried about justin and his op. but i believe it all went successfully.. thank the gods...

fav band....

Post 6

Jimbob - Got a Favourite Band? Tell Us All About It at A2464355

Still waiting with bated breath for some new material from them... fingers are crossed.

I think Thunder were one of the last Big Rock Big Hair bands smiley - biggrin - some decent tunes though. smiley - cool

Bring on the ROCK!

Plz dont kill me....

Post 7

MistTheCat

I think the darkness are stupid. Why does he have to sing like a bloody girl!? It ruins all the songs! They would be good otherwise.

I saw a guy walking round with a "Darkness are shit" tee-shirt the other day which i thought was quite good!

Good bands(in my opinion): The Libertines, Greenday, The Ordinary Boys, Razorlight (Although they are cocky as!), Oasis and Yellowcard. There are probably more but i can remember them

smiley - tea

why would i kill you???? lol.

Post 8

Justin is more comfortable singing in his falsetto voice than any other range...
In my opinion it is his unique voice that sets him, and the band, apart from any other..
They don't just perform, they entertain, and they enjoy it.. They have dragged themselves up from cock all, took a gamble in investing their own money, (well mainly Justin's from his jingle work), and thankfully in the long run it payed off... By no means are the band an overnight success... They've worked bloody hard to get where they are now, and they deserve it...

BTW..... I agree, Greenday are quite good too... smiley - stiffdrink

Key: Complain about this post