A Conversation for How to accept an Oscar

Alternative Writing Workshop: A2369243 - How to accept an Oscar

Post 1

David, Thingite Director General of Tea

Entry: How to accept an Oscar - A2369243
Author: David Shoare(or Zaphod Beeblebrox) - U599405

Something topical since the Oscars just went.
Have a look- any more examples I should add?

A2369243 - How to accept an Oscar

Post 2

[...]

The 'can't-believe-I've-won-against-so-many-other-great-actors-nominated' line?

Post 3

sprout

how about get drunk, slag somebody off, be completely fawning and obsequious (see above) spout incoherent rubbish (Halle Berry) etc?

sprout

Post 4

[...]

Promote alernate cinema that isn't Hollywood...

Remind actors/actresses that you're only (insert age) and still got nominated.

Post 5

[...]

Remind people that this isn't the catergory that people have odds you winning on...

Post 6

nadia

Would it be worth expanding beyond the oscars? It would be nice to see a reference to the debacle with Russle Crow's poem at the baftas. Also dresses. Didn't someone go dressed as a swan and lay an 'egg' a few years ago?

You could even do a second one on music award ceremonies...

N

Post 7

after a long time off doing other things, I'm back looking at stuff I've not quite finished and trying to do something with them. I've stuck an entry I started on the TV programme Dick an Dom in da Bungalow (A2399844) in the Flea Market if anyone wants to do anything with it, and I'm going to try and get something going with this one. I'd hate this one to go to waste really.

I've made a couple of edits, mainly some reference to Halle Berry in the emotional breakdown section, and a bit on the end of the thanking an insane number of people section.

I shall endeavour to implement some of the other comments here, any other suggestions?

Post 8

Ok, fine... if there are no suggestions...smiley - erm

Post 9

Trin Tragula

I have a suggestion smiley - smiley ... but you may not like it smiley - erm Two suggestions, actually.

Firstly, I'm not sure what this is doing in the AWW. I think this has EG potential: indeed, worked on in the right way, I think this could be an excellent Edited Entry.

Secondly, I think that in order for that to happen, this needs a lot more in the way of interesting examples. Steve Martin arriving on stage and yelling "It was me! It was all me!" Marlon Brando sending a native American lady to pick up his award for him. And so on ... what I'm getting at is that I think you should resubmit this to the EGWW and either expand on it yourself or ask for help with it (throw it open as a collaborative Entry?)

Just my smiley - 2cents, obviously.

Post 10

Hmm, interesting idea, I'll go and think about that.

Post 11

SashaQ - happysad

I think this has EG potential too...

Post 12

Bluebottle

Seconded.

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more