A Conversation for PEZ

Pez

Post 1

beetle, return of

I agree wholeheartedly. But you neglected to mention the colletable aspect of a five cent peice of plastic that rises to god-like proportions in value. Silly things really.

Pez

Post 2

Ishtar Uber

I also agree, but really, even though the plastic things go up in value, who actually PAYS that money? Is that where society is headed? A place where PEZ dispensers become the only hard currency in times of high inflation?

* Please bear in mind that I am very bored and currently attempting to convince myself to do a history assignment due in a couple of hours. Sigh. It comes as no surprise to me that I am reading an article on PEZ.

Pez

Post 3

Moonjack

I rather doubt anyone will read this, but anyway...
I find that when I eat PEZ I am much more likely to simply cram the entire package in my mouth at once rather than bothering to load it into a dispenser. While this may be less entertaining, it is faster and also tastes better.
On a more serious subject, PEZ was originally a German mint for smokers. The name PEZ is an abbreviation for the german word for peppermint, the long version of which I have currently forgotten. The company which manufactured it struck on the idea of making it fruit flavored and selling it to children, where it became a success. This may be viewed as another of the tobbacco industries efforts to get children to smoke, but such wonderings are rather far-fetched.

Pez

Post 4

beetle, return of

Pfefferminz

Pez

Post 5

Johnny Carwash

Pez also come in automatic dispensers. I have one which takes about 20 minutes to load, and because of the added electically powered spring mechanism, can be completely emptied in two minutes from a distance of a meter, if you are good at catching things in your mouth and have arms long enough to reach the button.

Pez

Post 6

Funkbuqet

I myself actually collect pez dispencers. I have (and yes I am a crazy bastard) paid $100 for a single dispncer, a pez gun to be precise. I rather enjoy collecting thm and have spent well over $1000 dollars total on Pez. I always load my dispencers because i'm anal when it comes to my pez. but hell I enjoy it. and I hope that society does come to having pez as a form of currency, because I would be a rich man!

Pez

Post 7

Prez HS (All seems relatively quiet here)

My god!

I had never in my whole sixty long years heard of the stuff until I came across it in a candy store in Scheveningen, Netherlands. I was looking for something to buy my grandson, and I got him a PEZ dispenser. I thought they were the pinnacle of human confectionary technology, but you people seem to think a lot lowlier of them.

I shall have to carefully watch my grandson to see whether he actually enjoys this candy. I hope he does. If not, what could you recommend? And if he decides he doesn't want to keep the dispenser,
what kinds would you be interested in receiving by mail?

Pez

Post 8

GidgetGirl

You would get along extraordinarily well with my friend Jean-Luc. He also has a bit of an obsession with Pez. As for myself, I'm not a *big* collector, but I love the stuff. Do you have any Pez dispensers with body parts? I have Kermit the frog with a caveman body.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for PEZ

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more