A Conversation for Talking Point: The Great Sweet Debate

chocolate

Post 1

royalmoonbeam

smiley - choc
Yummy!
Expensive, handmade, high cocoa content for preference, but otherwise a chunky kitkat will do very nicely thank you.
This is my first h2g2 posting - v. exciting!!smiley - biggrin

chocolate

Post 2

stockis

I´m not to big on sweets but sometimes there´s no pleasure greater than a large chunk of chocolate so dark it makes you dizzy...

chocolate

Post 3

Teasswill

Chocolate for me! Cadbury's Dairy Milk is the best milk smiley - choc. I wish they'd do a fruit only bar. Milk & dark combined is good - I think Nestle used to make a layered bar. Now I prefer dark (70% at least) but still eat both!

Dark minty smiley - choc is good too. And I used to buy liqueur filled bars too.

I've never been particularly fond of any other sugary or fruity sweets, apart from opal fruits - took those into exams.

chocolate

Post 4

Teasswill

PS Hello Royalmoonbeam, welcome to h2g2!

chocolate

Post 5

MiniMy

dark chocolate ... yum... having a chocolate craving right now with no chocolate in sight. *sigh* when will this day end?

mini
smiley - zoom

chocolate

Post 6

Rains - Wondering where time's going and why it's in so much of a hurry!

Mm...

The nicest chocolate I've had in ages was a Green & Black's organic milk chocolate bar. I was also given one of their plain chocolate and mint bars, which was absolutely delicious smiley - biggrin

That said, for a quick and dirty fix you can't beat a Cadbury's Creme Egg: chocolate and sugar, all at once....

But hey, chocolate is good for you.

chocolate

Post 7

Teasswill

Oh the Cadbury's choc truffle egg they did a few years ago - even more yummy!

chocolate

Post 8

Annie the Great

Hi Teaswill,
I don't know where you are, but Cadbury's chocolate truffle eggs are available in my local supermarket (Sydney, Australia).

Anniesmiley - smiley
Despite eating smiley - choc earlier, noiw I have a really intense chocolate craving. Now I just have to go break out my expresso flavoured milk just to feel better .

chocolate

Post 9

Rains - Wondering where time's going and why it's in so much of a hurry!

That reminds me...

My mum bought this hot chocolate drink from Tesco called Girardelli's (sp?) - white chocolate and mocha. You can make it with skimmed milk, so it's actually very low in fat and calories, if you're watching your weight. The best thing is that it still tastes full fat, though smiley - smiley

chocolate

Post 10

stockis

Actually, the chocolate I dream about is the Snickers King size I used to carry in my breast pocket when we went marching in the military... Hungry and not knowing when the next meal is coming or where it´s coming from, tired and stressed; sometimes lonely and always cold, no time to stop and eat and hands full of backpacks, weapons and maps - that´s the best moment to take a big bite of suggary, chocolaty, nutty sweetness... (hhmmm slightly exagerrated drama perhaps..)
Since then I always eat snicker when writing major exams.

chocolate

Post 11

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

I love cadbury's milk chocolate bars. But they had a bad press recently. I also like maltezers and mint aero although some mint flavoured things are too much. Oh did I talk about creme eggs gosh they are sweet but delicious all the same. smiley - choc

chocolate

Post 12

LaMaestra

I love chocolate. Don't like sweets though. And the odd thing is I hate mints (can't even stand the smell) but don't mind mint chocolate.

Key: Complain about this post