A Conversation for Jackanory

Oh the nostalgia!

Post 1

Delenn

My all-time favourite was Rik Mayall reading George's Marvellous Medicine. But then I used to love him doing Grim Tales on Channel 4 too and I was far too old to be watching that! smiley - smiley

I also vividly recall Miranda Richardson (Queenie from Blackadder 2) reading a story called My Friend Walter. That became one of my treasured childhood books.

I'm very excited about the idea of it coming back now!

Oh the nostalgia!

Post 2

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

I loved Jackanory, my mum managed to find me Willie Rushton reading the Pooh stories in video for Xmas one year, I always associate stories with Jackanory presenters Bernard Cribbins and Moritmer the Crow, Bernard Holley and the Johnny Briggs stories, Willie Rushton and Pooh, Kenneth Williams and the nonsense stories, and Jan Francis reading the girlies stories like Ballet Shoes and The Little Princess, infact I got my mum to buy me a lot of books after I saw them on Jackanory, a lot of them my daughter is reading now

BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh the nostalgia!

Post 3

BlueVenus

im only little (15) but i remember Rick Mayell reading Geaorges Marvellous Medicine!!! i used to love it

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more