This is the Message Centre for lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

update on the prof's down below hiccups!

Post 281

ITIWBS

I've occasionally used a cellphone to camouflage the fact that I was talking to myself.

Post 282

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Good idea. It also prevents you from talking to other people smiley - ok

smiley - pirate

Post 283

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Argh! mobile/cell phone - Yorkshireman - it's for emergencies only! (costs money to use) smiley - winkeyeunless it's to tell me mate (wheelchair boundsmiley - sadface that's there's a offer on in a local supermarket of lower priced whisky and does he want me to get him onesmiley - smiley

Post 284

Baron Grim

That is an emergency! smiley - stiffdrink

Post 285

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

"I've occasionally used a cellphone to camouflage the fact that I was talking to myself." [ITIWBS]

You are definitely worth talking to, no matter what the situation. smiley - ok

Post 286

Willem

I, too, minimize my use of the cellphone because of the money it costs. It's not that expensive over here … but I still try and save what I can. People in South Africa are rather nuts about cellphones. It's a must-have for pretty much everyone, rich or poor.

Post 287

ITIWBS

I try to keep mine within arms' length at all times.

Lucky thing I did when I had my post surgical accident last year.

Without it I probably would have died, helpless to summon emergency services.

Post 288

I finally caved in and bought one of those smartphones (after having owned ancient Nokias for years) but I refuse to pay for mobile wifi. I can always access free wifis in certain bars, cafes and restaurants smiley - zen

smiley - pirate

Post 289

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - laughno rest for the wicked as they say.
A few week ago, I got an infection in my prostrate smiley - grr so a course of antibiotics (againsmiley - biggrin) That clearedsmiley - oksmiley - smileyBUT! last Friday smiley - sadface12th Oct' I felt a tad not on form as such ? and on checking my B.P. argh! it was skyhigh and hitting the provernial roof, so I got my sister to drive me to the doc's and "yes! it's a bit high (smiley - dohI knew thatsmiley - biggrin) It! might be just a blip smiley - erm monotor over the weekend and come back Monday - Did sosmiley - biggrin but Friday night, as in turning over in bed, the room spun smiley - dontpanic I instantly thought of vertigo smiley - winkeye(I'd NOT had too much whiskysmiley - laugh) so informing the doc's Monday, it turns out that I've had/got an attack of vertigo (this can have an effect on B.P.) So! now I'm on a course of anti-vertogo tabssmiley - rofl
My B.P. has now dropped back to "normal" levels, but I still have the odd "off balance" sensation feeling, but it's receding Phew!

my lack of being in hootoo, is due to some unknown reason ? that wouldn't allow me to log in ?

Post 290

Please, god, please! Don't let the prof be normal! smiley - winkeye

Post 291

That'll be the day!

regards

God

Post 292

Normal! me! NEVER! smiley - smiley That word doesn't compute and ain't in MY dictionary anywaysmiley - smiley

Post 293

Normality is overrated smiley - zen

smiley - pirate

Post 294

I'm not sure that perfect normality even exists. A normal person would have one uterus and one testicle, be 5'6", weigh 173 pounds, have 40 candles on the next birthday cake, and be fluent in Mandarin Chinese, English, Hindustani, and Spanish.

No way am I normal, but I've gone beyond my normal life expectancy and feel great, so being above normal ain;t too bad smiley - ok.

Post 295

smiley - laughsmiley - roflsmiley - laugh

Don't you mean half an uterus, though? smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Post 296

"uterus" ? is that a fruit or subway station ?

Post 297

Sorry, I should have said ovary, not uterus.

Post 298

smiley - winkeyeegg-actly smiley - biggrin

Post 299

Anyway, I hope you're doing okay.

Post 300

Paul smiley - smileysmiley - hugmy health is nothing as such, because I care more about the health on my friends

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more